1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I like it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Pull this pic off the Yamaha website this morning, I was looking for the specs on the 2014 WR250 and saw that they had the 2014 TW listed.
Thoughts on the paint scheme?

Love it.

Reactions: Kf6rqb

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I'd ride it...

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Very nice! I would also go back to the black swingarm and dark charcoal silver frame ala 2005 and we'd have a winner!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
IT LIVES!!!!!

WOOO HOOO! Wingnut, thank you for posting this. This puts an end to the ugly rumors that we heard that said the TW was going to be discontinued.

I am glad they changed the color.

This 2014 color scheme looks a bit retro.

Long Live the TW.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I'd like it if the rear fender was blue to match the front. It is hard for me to like a TW without a Jimboshield. It just looks wrong without it.

I just saw a msrp of $4999 for the 2014. Not sure if it was for Aussie land or here..but that is a lot for a 2004 TW with new colors.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Who really cares? It is just a good old T dub with a different dress. I love that they don't change much over all these years and it is an easy on the eyes and wallet M1 tank. I honestly think they should bring back the kick start and I would be very sad if my 1991 didn't have it

Gary

Reactions: craig0ry

·
Registered
500 Posts
I hate blue. Blue is for sky and water. I hate blue cars too. Yuck on the color. I like the B&W and silver combo better. Oh well, I am a minority.

Bart

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I hate blue. Blue is for sky and water. I hate blue cars too. Yuck on the color. I like the B&W and silver combo better. Oh well, I am a minority.

Bart
That goes right to the point I was making! You hate blue and another will hate all the other colors of the rainbow. Do we really buy T dubs for their color or is for their versatility ? Here is an even better thought. Find a TW in your very favorite color scheme with super low miles and it will be very similar to all the other years. Sure they have made a few changes over all these years but nothing so drastic that would cause me to pass up a good deal. Although I don't know this from experience but I have heard the newer ones with front disc brake don't stop all that much better. I know for sure if you are on an up hill climb and stall out and your battery is weak or dead you will wish you had a kicker. Is a 2010,12 or 13 any faster than 1990 or 95 and does it really matter? I would have and did buy the first nice one I found and color was the very last thing on my list of considerations. Actually, the model year did not really matter all that much. I'll give Yamaha a big thumbs up for keeping up with a good thing.

Gary

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Do you guys think that they will offer the remaining 2013 units at a significant discount?
I was the GM at a big Honda, Kawasaki and KTM shop ten years ago. Unless something has changed drastically over the last ten years I can tell you this. The dealer has very little room to work with on new units. Just a few hundred was the norm and not on low end bikes like the TW. If Yamaha corporate sees there are a lot of left overs in certain models then they can kick back some cash to the dealers on those models. It is much more likely your dealer will cut his losses and decide to cut the price some over paying the floor plan bill on old machines. I have see the 2013 TWs going for $4339 in a few places here. When the new 2014s hit their floor you should buy a left over 13 for around $4150.

Gary

·
Registered
250 Posts
I LOVE IT! Makes me want to buy the black rear fender (since mines pretty dinged up) for my '07 and add the blue Clarke tank. I wish my rims were black too instead of silver....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Having owned my '87 (which is the worst of the series, but dearest to my heart) for a decade now, I feel like it's just criminal for them to sell these bikes without a kickstarter. I'm a huge fan of keeping things stock for the most part, but that is an absolute must-have modification in my book. The whole point of these bikes, to my eyes, is that they are indestructible, friendly, and capable of going anywhere. They're not the best at any one particular thing, they just have this very unique character of being the motorcycle equivalent of a loyal old dog. It's always there for you, no matter what abuse you put it through. Taking the kickstarter away just takes a little bit of that nature away from the bike to me.

Anyway, pointless rant since they removed the kickstarter years ago, but sometimes I gotta vent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts