TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems my owner's manual failed to include that. Time for the 1000 km. service. Can anyone provide?
As always, appreciated,
Toad

·
Super Moderator
5,129 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couple of questions. Did the first oil change and found a pretty good buildup of filings on the filter. Is this normal?
DSCN0459 (Medium).JPG

And looking at the valve covers I can see I can remove them without taking everything apart. And hopefully do the valve adjustment. Anybody done this?

·
Super Moderator
5,129 Posts
Couple of questions. Did the first oil change and found a pretty good buildup of filings on the filter. Is this normal?
View attachment 17303

And looking at the valve covers I can see I can remove them without taking everything apart. And hopefully do the valve adjustment. Anybody done this?
Yes and yes.

Don't worry about the metal filings in the filter - perfectly normal for the first 1000 miles - (although if you find as much next time, I'd be concerned). Just change the oil and enjoy the ride ......

·
Registered
297 Posts
I remove my fuel tank and carb.when i do the valves. Takes a while longer removing everything, but waaay more clearance for my big mitts to get in there.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Completed my service. Found the spk plug and valve settings on a sticker on the chain side swing arm. Removed the seat and tank as it was easy peasy. The chain had stretched a good amount. Lots of play. Moving the adjusting cams one notch almost seemed to tighten it too far. But after a ride it seems just right. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts