TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Seriously, I like this bike (the off road spec version with wire spoke wheels, that is)!

A big stride for Ducati. If this bike attracts a lot of buyers, as I believe it will (price, Ducati brand name, styling, universal appeal to a wide ranger of riders, versatility, etc.), it could encourage Ducati to get into the off road market a bit more. That would be awesome. The recipe for success is there.

·
Registered
816 Posts
8595 is what he says in the video. I'd be curious to see what happens when it hits the show room floor.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I read somewhere that first 3 services have to be done by dealer or warranty is void. Any truth to this? My closest ducati dealer is 2 hour drive
Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I read somewhere that first 3 services have to be done by dealer or warranty is void. Any truth to this? My closest ducati dealer is 2 hour drive
Thanks for any info...
I believe that is correct, it is/was for my Multistrada. Its spelled out in the manual. The computer needs to have the maint flag reset by the dealer when its done, hence how they know.

I personally like doing my own stuff but the Ducati is a different beast with the desmo valvetrain. I just let the dealer do it and don't worry about it( valves are every 15k on mine).

Ill also echo the same sentiment as Werloc. My Multistrada is the best street bike i have ever owned, i wouldn't trade it for any other.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What surprises me a little bit is how competent the bike (even the icon version) looked in the off road stuff. Not bad at all. Also I really like the super minimalist front end with the tiny speedo stuck on there. It almost looks like an afterthought, and in this case, I actually think that makes good sense. When you drop it in the dirt, you won't be busting up the speedo!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Thanks for any info...
Not me, my dealer said as long as I show receipt for oil I used, and logged milage, and same fir timing belt replacement, I was good. I'm a certified motorcycle mechanic. So maybe that's why? I don't know.

BTW, what dealer did you buy from or use? I delt with Cross Counrty in Metuchen.

·
Registered
141 Posts
he Scrambler Endure makes me think of what the TW would have evolved into had it been allowed to "grow up", so to speak.... looking forward to seeing one of these in person. Never owned Ducati though, though I know the quality is there its lack of dealer support that worries me. They are a niche brand at the end of the day... That being said, the price is so sweet that I wouldn't hesitate trying one out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts