TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Hey LT,

I only was able to sit on one. At the time it was one of the first in the U.S.....brought in especially for Daytona Bike Week.

....no demo rides.

It fit me perfectly, and was on my short list, since I was in the market for a new bike.

A friend of mine ended up buying one, and loves it.

For me, it's a nice "play" bike. And if I had a spare $10k, I would buy one.

As it was, I ended up with the Indian.

jb

Registered

Registered
I really love the look, and I have been very curious about the Scrambler too. I was disappointed to read the following post(s) from a guy from the other forum I frequent for the Honda 500 series...

Just got back from a Ducati Scrambler test ride.. - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums

Just a single opinion and data point to share, but I thought that I'd share it in a Scrambler thread nonetheless.
That's why there are so many bikes to choose from....everyone has different tastes...needs.

I took a close look at the 500X too, and it did nothing for me. It had the usual fine fit and finish that Honda is known for, but for me there was no emotional connection.

jb

Registered
A woman I know up in Portland got hers in July. She loves it. Had to wait three months for it. She got the yellow one.

Registered
A quote just today, on another forum, from my friend Ed...about his Ducati Scrambler:

(Miss K is his BMW K bike)

"Still loving this bike! Miss K getting a little jealous, as she gets only about 10-20% of my riding time.

Have about 2500 miles on the clock, and it's well run-in now. The engine is lovely, the bike is light as a feather. So enjoyable to ride."

jb

Registered
I'd love to demo one. But then I might buy it and have to get rid of one of my current bikes. Or get a bigger garage :rolleyes: . I think Duc really hit the mark with this. Yamaha has come out with the XSR700 but so far, only in Europe. Very comparable to the Duc, IMHO. Back to basics but with some flair and technology. Me likey.
2016_YAM_XS700_EU_DNGM3_STA_002.jpg

Registered
I really love the look, and I have been very curious about the Scrambler too. I was disappointed to read the following post(s) from a guy from the other forum I frequent for the Honda 500 series...

Just got back from a Ducati Scrambler test ride.. - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums

Just a single opinion and data point to share, but I thought that I'd share it in a Scrambler thread nonetheless.

Dangit Larry. I don't need to read even more good things about the CB500X. Curse you.
:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts