TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting a bigger big for longer trips and occassional two up with my wife. I am not interested in a 10k plus bike like BMW since the funds are not free flowing. What are your thoughts on KLR 650?
Does that sound like a good deal? 2015 KLR 650 for $4000?????

·
Registered
322 Posts
All areas have their prices. It's an ok deal depending what has been done with it, add-ons, mileage, wear and tear, maintenance, overall condition, etc.
Since very little has changed on those bikes newer model year doesn't mean that much.

In so. calif. there are many low mileage various years for about $2500 and up. I think when I last saw one in a dealership I was surprised that they only wanted like $5900 for a year old model. The salesman saw me looking and ran over right away and told me he could make a better deal on a '17 otd.
Anyways without knowing the details it's hard to give a more definitive answer.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I have a '95 KLR and it has been an awesome bike for me. Bought it new in '96, 29,000 miles and no major mechanical issues. Decent power and if I have a lot of pavement to cover, that's the bike I'll take. I'm not sure what the going price is for one though.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
i've seen new ones at costco, not sure of the price though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts