TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - DR200S - 2015 - DR200S

I'm a massive Suzuki fan. I love their bikes and I have put thousands of miles on a DR200. It's a fantastic bike. That being said, all they did was give the thing a couple fairly minor styling updates, and they're calling it "our newest go-anywhere dualsport". I'm sorry but a few cosmetic changes to the plastics and seat does NOT constitute a "new" motorcycle, in any stretch of just about anyone's imagination! Again, don't get me wrong. I think it IS certainly an improvement (albeit one that I don't particularly care about) that may slightly increase sales. I just think their marketing of this "new" bike is horribly unfair. It's the exact same frame and ancient (awesome and ultra-reliable, but still ancient) air cooled 200cc four stroke single cylinder engine. Not to mention, the motorcycle still employs the same rear drum brake, the same suspension... It's the same damn motorcycle lol! What Suzuki really needs is something like a fuel injected, six speed, DRZ450S, with otherwise only cosmetic upgrades. THAT would be worthy of a "new model" moniker!

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Guess the DR and TW share some manufacturing traits...same old components covered up with new cosmetic upgrades! But we like 'em!:)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a 2003 dr250z ,it's been a fantastic bike low maintenance ,good suspension ,great power ,mine is not road legal if it was it would make a real nice commuter and a very capable dirt bike .

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Every time my wife sees a DR200 she comments "I want a bike like that". Hey wear out the TW and I'll get you one!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
The DR 200 is a good machine , folks always scream for FI , pray they keep some units carbed. Unless your an electronics guru who can make their own ECU diagnostic unit to richen up the mixture. .

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The DR 200 is a good machine , folks always scream for FI , pray they keep some units carbed. Unless your an electronics guru who can make their own ECU diagnostic unit to richen up the mixture. .
Well, aftermarket EFI controllers are generally available for most FI bikes. I don't really see any true advantage of carb vs. FI personally. In this day and age, you can carry a spare battery and FI parts on longer, more remote rides. If you've got that, then there's really nothing to worry about in the fueling department (assuming it's all properly engineered in the first place...!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts