TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Test rode a 2018 version, they started calling them MT at that point but basically same engine and frame. Very responsive and fun motor, I like triplets. handled quite well and would wheelie with ease. Would love to find a wrecked one for a naked bike project. That price sounds like what they sold for new though. But he market dictates....

·
Registered
2004 TW200
203 Posts
I have a 2020 Tracer 900GT - A fantastic machine. I always had inline 4 sportbikes, so the 3 cylinder was a little different for me after my last sportbike was a Yamaha R1. It's no R1, but it gets with it pretty dang good and handles pretty close to sportbike level.
I call it my Sport Bike for adults.
I went one tooth larger on the front sprocket to lower RPMs and lowered it 3/4". Great bike.
A friend has the 2015 FZ09 which is the same basic bike without the windshield and rear bags - The naked sportbike version of the Tracer GT. Super easy to do maintenance on.

Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I had the first year edition of the FJ09. loved the bike.... incredible motor, loads of power... with traction control off it would lift the front wheel from torque in the first three gears. I ran Conti TKC 80s front and rear. A very nice bike. ran it bare and toured with wolfman bags.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2004 TW200
203 Posts
Yeah, the 3 cylinder is different - Not the blast and scream of a 4 cyl and not the thump and lope of a 2 cyl. I like mine a lot.
I also did a "Tuck& Nip" on the rear tail light assy. It's tucked up tight now and really nice and small now compared to that monstrosity it came with.

Reactions: Snow Fox
1 - 5 of 5 Posts