TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Not my cup o' tea (too big/too heavy), but this could be a hit for the type of person who would buy a Super Tenere or Tiger Explorer. I'm pretty sure I'd have it over either of those bikes.

The wild side of Ducati

Registered
They finally built what a lot of Multistrada owners have been requesting for years. Not a lot of changes but enough to make it much more offroad worthy. They put a bigger front wheel, and a slightly narrower rear, both able to accept a knobbier tire like a TKC80. They also ditched the single sided swingarm for more strength and more fuel. Those were the biggest offroad shortcomings of the regular model. More fuel would be nice on the entire line.

I like it but i still don't think i would really take it off pavement. I wouldn't take any of the big pricy ADV bikes off pavement. They are too big and heavy and just too expensive and very pricy to fix when you dump it, especially Ducati. Take brake levers as an example, i broke on one mine $140 bucks for the part. How many of those are you going to break before you decide to get something cheaper to fix?

Don't get me wrong, not bashing the Multi. I love mine and would not trade it for any other bike out there i just use it in the context of what its really good at. Its a sit up straight sport bike that can also tour with just about anything.

Registered
They finally built what a lot of Multistrada owners have been requesting for years. Not a lot of changes but enough to make it much more offroad worthy. They put a bigger front wheel, and a slightly narrower rear, both able to accept a knobbier tire like a TKC80. They also ditched the single sided swingarm for more strength and more fuel. Those were the biggest offroad shortcomings of the regular model. More fuel would be nice on the entire line.

I like it but i still don't think i would really take it off pavement. I wouldn't take any of the big pricy ADV bikes off pavement. They are too big and heavy and just too expensive and very pricy to fix when you dump it, especially Ducati. Take brake levers as an example, i broke on one mine $140 bucks for the part. How many of those are you going to break before you decide to get something cheaper to fix?

Don't get me wrong, not bashing the Multi. I love mine and would not trade it for any other bike out there i just use it in the context of what its really good at. Its a sit up straight sport bike that can also tour with just about anything.

Everything you said makes total sense to me. I wish more people at this site that would consider a big displacement Adventure bike could go to a Ducati demo ride day and test ride the Multi. Such a great bike. Your correct about people just don't want to spend that kind of money and have the bike beat up off road. This new bike makes a good starting point to customize for off road but then the money factor is going to piss people off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts