TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2016 MN firearms deer season is coming up fast – so I plan to put some brown down this year again with the 300blk.

The reason I choose a TW was for the use of deer hunting; primarily dragging deer out of the bush and general running around. This will be my first year using the little guy for my intended purpose. I have learned and experienced that ATVs / SxS are just are too big and bulky, and tear $hit up – tired of them.

So, I began this thread so I could see your TW deer hunting set-up and 2016 deer season hunting success (and hopefully post mine to).

Good luck and be safe!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Bow is open here and I use mine to check cameras, run out to the stands and do scouting pre-season. I am still waiting to drag one out with the TW, as last year the deer I took was right on the trail to me stand and my buddy and I dragged it easily the 1/4 mile to the truck. I posted pics already of ATV style gun rack that will carry my crossbow or guns legally inside thier case for hunting bigger properties or state land further north in MI. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's posts!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I hope that you get your limit, too many deer, awile back, someone posted a pic of a TW with a deer tied to its rack on this forum. A TW is a two wheeled ATV that is road legal.

·
Registered
416 Posts

By the way, Admiral posted the Doe (female) version of the Jack-a-lope for those of you that have never encountered one! ;)

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
All the necessary ingredients 1911, WD40, CRC, and some Seagrams. lololol

Reactions: 1911garand

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
Doesn't everyone use gin? :rolleyes:
Nice no-residue gentle solvent, cleans up oil and fingerprints, lubricates operator.....what else?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All the necessary ingredients 1911, WD40, CRC, and some Seagrams. lololol
HA! The gin is lubricant for the the tactical operator.

Just got back from the range with my brother. His .30-30 and my 300blk are dialed in perfectly at 50 yards (we hunt thick woods). What's brown is down!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
You should move up to the .458 SOCOM.

Also bow season is so, so, soooo much easier. You can research, track, spot, pattern, profile, ....all year long. During the rut one doe in heat a mile away throws everything out the window.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
You should move up to the .458 SOCOM.

Also bow season is so, so, soooo much easier. You can research, track, spot, pattern, profile, ....all year long. During the rut one doe in heat a mile away throws everything out the window.
One big fat AMEN to that scenario!!! Too many times to list.

Tom

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
I imagine the statistic remains valid that more white tail and black bear have been dropped over open sights with the antique .30-.30 cartridge in a lever action than any other cartridge or firearm. ;) images-5.jpeg

Reactions: 1911garand

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
2016 deer :)

A little graphic but it is hunting after all. But boy does she eat GOOD!:D 20yards, staring contest, I won.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Congratulations! Crossbow??? Nock looks rather large.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts