TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2017, like new, 300 miles on her. She is very cold blooded.
I drilled/removed plug for pilot mixture screw. 2-1/2 turns out it was better but not good.
What jetting do you recommend for sea level to say 3000 ft, East coast.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I live at sea level and ride to 3000 ft. Occasionally up to 7,500 ft. I’ve had very good results with a 130 main jet and a 34 pilot jet. Also two shims on the needle with 2 1/2 turns on mixture screw.
Results may vary, but that’s what has worked for me for a 2002, 2009, 2012, and a 2016 tw.
Best of luck, and welcome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.
Went to start her today. Started... sputtered.... died. Would not restart. Could not get it restarted. Removed carb took apart. It was spotless. Cleaned jets and passages, reassembled. Tryed to start... nada.
Pulled plug, dry. Dipped it in gas... put back in.
Fired right up.
Added Seafoam to tank, went for a ride. Seamed to run good.
Time to hunt down those jets.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Larry is right on, OEM and Partzilla is the way to go.

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live at sea level and ride to 3000 ft. Occasionally up to 7,500 ft. I’ve had very good results with a 130 main jet and a 34 pilot jet. Also two shims on the needle with 2 1/2 turns on mixture screw.
Results may vary, but that’s what has worked for me for a 2002, 2009, 2012, and a 2016 tw.
What sort of gas mileage are you getting with this setup?

·
Registered
233 Posts
The mileage is good, but I would imagine not quite as good as the smaller jets. I never really checked what it was before I changed them, and haven’t really paid much attention to what my current TW’s are getting for mileage right now. I do know they kick the crap out of my Harley.

I’m sure someone can chime in on what they’re getting for mileage with the 130 main and 34 pilot jets.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the 130 main jet, a couple of shims on the needle and a couple of turns out on the mix screw. I get between 70 and 80 mpg on the road, but I'm running 15 tooth front and 47 rear with Bridgestone 203/204 tires. With the carb tuned the engine seems so much more comfortable. I don't have to wind out the engine as much - more power with partial throttle than before.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I want to do the modification where do you get those shims and can you explain on how to install?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts