1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
637 Posts
Great, another bike too heavy to be of any use for anyone not 6'0" w/ a 34" inseam lol.

*looks lovingly at TW200*

·
Super Moderator
5,261 Posts
They have three different models - Three KTM 1290 Super Adventure Models Announced for 2017 - ADV Pulse

All with the ridiculous 1301cc engine, one of which is advertised as “The new KTM 1290 Super Adventure R (R=Off-Road) is the more dirt-focused derivative with bigger wheels, more suspension travel, shorter windscreen and additional crash protection” – but with road tires as standard. This is presumably an acknowledgement that knobblies tend to self-destruct at around 80mph, but with that 1301cc motor, you’ll be doing way more than that on the dirt anyway.

Options for names include “Clock Work Orange” – “The Flying Goose” – but in reality, the name “The Waddling Duck” would be more appropriate.

If you need to get to somewhere 2000 miles away in a hurry, frankly you could do better – and I’d put any of these bikes up against a TW off road any day ……

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Anymore, just getting on my KLR is an adventure! When I swing my leg over it, I usually kick the turn signal. Cured that by getting on it like a horse, foot in the stirrup, jump up little, swing the other leg over. When I bought the KLR, I was 20 yrs. younger. I must have been a little taller too.:p

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Anymore, just getting on my KLR is an adventure! When I swing my leg over it, I usually kick the turn signal. Cured that by getting on it like a horse, foot in the stirrup, jump up little, swing the other leg over. When I bought the KLR, I was 20 yrs. younger. I must have been a little taller too.:p
Nah. You probably just put more air in the tires these days;)

Tom

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
The second sentence of that article really says it all...
The first clause of the second sentence...lol. And I couldn't agree more! There's a guy at my college who gets there when I'm leaving - rides an RC390. It's a nice looking bike and the engine sounds good.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
637 Posts
Saw one of the 2016 versions at Apex motorsports while picking up a bunch of extra oil for my kickstarter install. Can be yours for only $18,600 dollars before tax, etc. Thing was MASSIVE. Have no idea how people use those things off road at all. Definitely would not want one. Heck, one could buy 3 new TW's and 1 used for that price!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts