TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just turned 70 last month and decided to slow down a little. Maybe slow down a lot coming from a ZX-10R and Grizzzzer 1000. I’m going to look at a 2017 TW tomorrow supposedly has 700 miles on it and $200 rear rack has been added. As I do not know a lot about the TW was wondering what a good price would be? He is asking $3K.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I paid $3600 for a 17, but frame listed as a 2016, and then bought the $200 rack. So I’d buy it in an instant, and I’d have 4 tw’s.
look on front fork to see manufacture date.

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
With the Cyclerack and low miles that is probably $500-$700 under it's value. Give it a good look over to make sure it was 700 easy and real miles and not at all mistreated like left outdoors or slam dunked a few times. Take the savings and spend it on the usual upgrades such as a better front tire, O or X ring chain and a few other goodies that suit your needs. The TW will slow you down some and give you time to see all the scenery you missed at regular road and trail speeds.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
I paid $3600 for a 17, but frame listed as a 2016, and then bought the $200 rack. So I’d buy it in an instant, and I’d have 4 tw’s.
look on front fork to see manufacture date.
The frame shows only the date of actual manufacture and Not necessarily the model year. Not sure but some time around July or shortly after they start making the next years models. A bike made around July or August of 2016 would probably be a 2017 model year but the title will or should have the correct info.

GaryL

·
Registered
299 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me, meaning the seller actually wants to sell it and not dicker around for 6 months. Typical TW seller on craigslist would want full MSRP, plus MSRP of the rack, plus about $250/hr for their time to bolt it on. NO LOWBALLS I KNO WHAT I HAZ!!!!! then complain on the forum why it they can't get any serious interest. 9 months down the line someone offers the $3k and they take it. Or, just ask 3k from the start and get a quick easy sale without the BS.

Then again, TWs haven't substantially changed all the way back to 2001 aside from colors/graphics. It's not difficult to find well kept, low miles examples that are 10-15 years old for much less, and you're getting the exact same bike.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have 2006 for 2 grand 3600 miles and climbing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts