TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with my clutch. Specifically, the friction point seems to be almost when the clutch lever is fully released. It also seems as though the clutch may be slipping at high revs. The bike has about 800 miles on it. I recently changed the oil and used Yamalube recommended by the dealer. I tried playing with the free play adjustment knob, but that was no help. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
all perfectly normal re the release or engagement point if that is what you mean by "friction point" but slipping not normal obviously

many people seem to get befuddled by the TW's clutch lever releasing at the very last point of lever travel or disengaging with the first touch of the clutch lever I often see it on peoples faces when they take their first test ride and they are anticipating the bike starting to move as they are releasing the clutch to the point where they seem surprised when it actually engages the clutch lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it is normal. At least I don't remember it being that way for the first 200 miles that I rode the bike.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I am having a problem with my clutch. Specifically, the friction point seems to be almost when the clutch lever is fully released. It also seems as though the clutch may be slipping at high revs. The bike has about 800 miles on it. I recently changed the oil and used Yamalube recommended by the dealer. I tried playing with the free play adjustment knob, but that was no help. Any thoughts?
Check the threads at the bottom of the page

1 - 7 of 7 Posts