TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone in the Oregon/Washington area was interested in a new TW200 but doesn't want to pay new prices for used bikes, plus get warranty and new tires, no old gas sitting in tank/carb, no unrevealed issues with as is possible with a used one.
Check out Power Yamaha in Sublimity OR. as in past they have new (2017) TW200s (several) listed for $3,999 with no freight or set up fees, they have had them at this price new for at least several years. When I called them a few years ago they told me the documentation fee was $100.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in WA, tax and plates would add several hundred but that is true for buying used also, can't avoid that legally.

When I lived in Salem many yrs ago I bought a car at Sublimity Chevrolet (now Power). Friendly, no hassle, best price deal at that time.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
$3,999 with no freight, no set-up and $100 doc fee is a very good deal.
I went into Yamaha of Las Vegas looking for an XT250.
They had none, but had two new TWs just out of the crate, with $1,100 off the $4,599 MSRP = $3,499.
However, with fees and taxes (8.1%), it was $4,703.49 out the door.
Freight: $375
Prep $249
Tax 352.24
Title $29.25 (but I still have to go to DMV to register it and pay their fees)
Document fee $199

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was looking for a new TW last year. And ran around to the so. Calif. dealers with "good" deals or low prices. They all were 5K+ OTD. Yeah, taxes and license were part of it.

Just to see what they would do, I told them I didn't need street or offroad registration because I was going to use it on a private ranch or out of state. None of them knew how to write one up or sell one like that, nor would they budge on the price.
Needless to say I bought a low mileage '05 and caught up all the maintenance. Plus the clutch spring was already fixed!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was looking for a new TW last year. And ran around to the so. Calif. dealers with "good" deals or low prices. They all were 5K+ OTD. Yeah, taxes and license were part of it.

Just to see what they would do, I told them I didn't need street or offroad registration because I was going to use it on a private ranch or out of state. None of them knew how to write one up or sell one like that, nor would they budge on the price.
Needless to say I bought a low mileage '05 and caught up all the maintenance. Plus the clutch spring was already fixed!
What was wrong with the clutch spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Nice first post, helping another member. Good job. Welcome to the forum!! :D
Dan,

Many have found their clutch return spring was improperly installed by the dealer resulting in no tension on the cable.

This is what it's supposed to look like, note the hook in the arrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts