1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
The YZ250X would be pretty sweet. Wish I could afford one...

·
Registered
101 Posts
"There are no real changes to the 2017 TW200, which will be available in Mineral Blue." Mineral Blue :( Bummer...I was hoping Yamaha would unveil a model in green.
I wonder if will be all blue? I kind of like every years color combo except that couple year stretch in the 90's when they looked like skittles.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
What, no special 30 year anniversary TW model with extra displacement, fuel injection, 6-speeds and a larger fuel tank?

I'm shocked!
That's exactly what I was looking for.... HOW DID YOU KNOW!

·
Super Moderator
18,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think we better give up. They will never change it; no matter how much we wish they would. :(

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
What, no special 30 year anniversary TW model with extra displacement, fuel injection, 6-speeds and a larger fuel tank?

I'm shocked!
I know it's a mistake but the specs do say that it has a MIKUNI..:confused:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Since traditionally the XT plastic mirrors the TW plastic color schemes I would expect to see the 2017 TW200 mostly in Mineral Blue like the depicted XT. b7cb70ff380b8cb100339713a27ead3a.jpg
How this Mineral Blue differs from the Team Yamaha Blue of other 2017 models is beyond me. Guess the major new TW200 feature the marketing gurus came up with was a fancy new color name...not a new color, just a new name.:p

Yamaha likely will continue to harvest profits from TW sales to help fund R&D expenses for their competition bikes so I expect no fuel injection....just a big cash bonus for white belt and shoe marketing types who can think up the cutest new name for an existing color.

·
Registered
762 Posts
What all this is, is a MARKETING...OPPORTUNITY.

We know what the TW needs. A 250 engine - at LEAST. FI. Six-speed gearbox. And a Clarke-style gas tank.

So. All across America, forgotten in garages and barns, are TWs...the owners are willing to get rid of for a song. Some never make it to Craigslist - because it's too much work to get them running.

Start an organized, production-line effort. BUY UP non-running TWs.

On a line...strip them down. Recycle or strip down the engines.

FIT bigger engines. The parts are made; or whole engines. Maybe high-quality Chinese clones. Maybe original engineering. But...the basic design; six speeds; fuel injection.

ASSEMBLE it. And, out the door...with a REMANUFACTURED tag. The way the Icon company will re-manufacture Toyota FJ40 trucks.

Options Yamaha never dreamed of. Belt drive? Fairings? Hard cases? ...YES!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I keep wondering if one of the new fuel injected SR400 motors could be adapted to fit a TW frame. the motor was originally out of that skinny tired XT/TT500 dirt bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts