4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SCR-950

scr950-1.jpg
scr950-2.jpg
scr950-3.jpg
scr950-4.jpg

Classic Scrambler Styling
The SCR950™ calls back to the past with its low-profile bench seat, retro-racing side number plates, fork boots and bold color accents. Modern engineering meets timeless scrambler style.
Modern Air-Cooled V-Twin

The 58-cubic-inch (942cc) engine is an air-cooled SOHC 60° V-twin with four valves per cylinder, a pent-roof-shaped combustion chamber, and 9.0:1 compression ratio. The engine is ideal for exploring unpaved roads off the beaten track and powering out of tight corners.
Unique Upswept Exhaust System

A 2-into-1 exhaust pipe layout on the right side of the engine contributes to the lively performance and styling of the machine, with an upswept muffler for improved ground clearance and a pleasing exhaust note.
Inviting, Flexible Ergonomics

The SCR950 puts the rider in a position of control to handle whatever the road throws at them. A wide and tall crossbar-type handlebar creates light steering feel, while centrally-mounted footpegs and a long, flat seat allow the rider to move easily to adapt to different riding styles.
Handling-Focused Chassis

A double-cradle frame features sporty geometry for nimble, responsive handling in any environment. The front and rear suspension systems are tuned to provide great comfort and handling while contributing to the machine’s stylish low profile.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I like the red one. Classic..

With adventure-ready Bridgestone Trail Wing tires, Yamaha insists the SCR950 is truly ready for rides down unpaved roads. In a tip o’ the cap to the scramblers of the 1960s, Yamaha has taken a purely street bike—the Star Bolt C-Spec—and made it into a do-everything scrambler that still retains much of its street character. The wheels are also dirt-friendly—19” front and 17” rear, and use wire spokes.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Have no connection to Yamaha.... LOL I'm liking this scrambler though!

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty big tires..
Looks like a TW on steroids!

·
Registered
715 Posts
I like this bike and the Triumph Scrambler, but doubt the "real" off road capability, she sits LOW. It seems like a look, more than a function - Like a cafe "racer".

Either way, nice bike, I bet it hauls A$$.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
It's a BIG motorcycle. It's not a TW. I like it, but would rather have a scrambler built from an old XS650, or an SR500. Don't need 950cc's. I do like it though. Just not for me.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Actually, I will be corrected on this. It's not really BIG. It's just big. lol:sex:

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only off road ability would be occasional gravel road from what I can see. But hitting the twisties, cruising and also being able to be comfortable on dirt roads is cool. I bet it does haul ass. It's just my latest love affair who know what tomorrow will hold! Barring the questionable seat thickness the posture you sit at looks comfortable as hell.

I like this bike and the Triumph Scrambler, but doubt the "real" off road capability, she sits LOW. It seems like a look, more than a function - Like a cafe "racer".

Either way, nice bike, I bet it hauls A$$.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SR500's are last weeks love affair. I'm a bike slut... :confused2:

It's a BIG motorcycle. It's not a TW. I like it, but would rather have a scrambler built from an old XS650, or an SR500. Don't need 950cc's. I do like it though. Just not for me.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I like this because when my buddies go on their Harley's I could keep up and still hit the dirt on a minimal basis.. Oh yea and it looks cool.

·
Registered
546 Posts
This has to be because that design was so popular when Yamaha had the 2014 Custom Bolt build off....most of you probably remember seeing it at the International Motorcycle Show. I knew as soon as I saw it; I was drawn right in and I knew if Yamaha created this it would be popular with my age group. Reminded me of the old Enduros....just bigger. I'm kind of surprised they didn't go with the same color Hageman used....

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"Steve McQueen would pick this bike " ;)

This has to be becaus that design was so popular when Yamaha had the 2014 Custom Bolt build off....most of you probably remember seeing it at the International Motorcycle Show. I knew as soon as I saw it; I was drawn right in and I knew if Yamaha created this it would be popular with my age group. Reminded me of the old Enduros....just bigger. I'm kind of surprised they didn't go with the same color Hageman used....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts