TW200 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I guess I'm smarter than I thunk I was...just challenged and passed the Oregon OHV class, the cards on its way. Looking forward to riding with everyone, fingers crossed that the dates work out.
nice. mine's on it's way too. nice that it is free, it cost me $30 for my Utah card

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I take it you doctored the image or I take it you have seen a lot in your 1998 years on this planet.

Congrats and when are we meeting up in Oregon to do some riding?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I take it you doctored the image or I take it you have seen a lot in your 1998 years on this planet.

Congrats and when are we meeting up in Oregon to do some riding?
well, i'm old enough to have bin there done that, but i'm not that old. just getting ready in case i can escape and go to the father's day meet

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
You bet. My wife is all over it in June for the wildflowers! She rode a bit in her early twenties. but I haven’t been able to talk her onto a bike yet
all right! that will make it easier to entice mine to come along, she's into the flower thing too

·
Registered
142 Posts
I never knew you had to be "certified" to ride in Oregon. I guess that's just another reason to love Idaho. I did take the time to get certified but alas i cannot go because a family vacation is already planned for that same week.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
FYI- I've updated post #1 to lock in the date and location for now. I know it was requested sooner than later so us working stiffs can put in our time off requests. I can't wait!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
FYI- I've updated post #1 to lock in the date and location" for now"

For now? does this mean it's not locked in?
That means this is the plan, until the plan changes, haha. These are the planned dates. If there is still too much snow, or the weather looks like it will be total crap, or some other horrible reason arises so that these dates won't work, then we can decide to change it later. Until then, we are working with Father's Day weekend. I hope to see gre and wen there! I'll add you to the "IN" list.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
FYI - I'm working on GPS tracks for the area we will be, so PM me with an email address, and I will send them to you. I'm still working on them, but it won't be a last minute thing.

In the mean time, here is a link to the downloadable .pdf Motor Vehicle Use Maps of the area. Start with Map #7 https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/umatilla/maps-pubs/?cid=stelprdb5414334

·
Registered
272 Posts
Come on Mountain. Show us how its done! Ride the tw!! ;) (I want to start camping on mine, got panniers and back bag figured out. Just need tool kit and extra fuel now)

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Forget that! We are going to be doing plenty of riding. I say bring the pickup for a more comfy sleep. Plus, it's nice having a p/u in camp in case of a breakdown or something where an extraction is necessary.

p.s. this cold wind and rain up here in the PNW has me wondering why the frack I still live here. Oh yeah, the summers. I can't wait for this trip!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Good points about the pickup Larry. Was just hoping to see a camping setup on the tw.
As to your second point,our winters, ugg ,good question. Especially after being down in the south west for 7weeks. Pretty warm winter for us here though, after a “ normal” one last year, I.e. with weeks at a time below 40 degrees. I just need a bigger camper, so can have a few more comforts of home so to be able to stay south longer. At least we are on the edge of the “sun belt”, and only get 30” of rain.
Enough of this playing around, have to get back to the honey dew list. 60’ of new gas line, and changing a 220 outlet to 110 , for the new stove.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Larry, before I saw your post I had decided the same thing. The truck it will be. Another deciding factor is if I drive home after dark on Saturday, I would much rather hit a deer with my truck than my TW, but neither would be best.

And yes I look forward to the sunny days of riding in the summer.

41 - 60 of 215 Posts