TW200 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Today I go to my Retirement Tea and tomorrow I hit the road.
Each retiree was asked to write a small blurb about themselves and include a picture of themselves.
Thanks to Fred I included this as my picture.

I will share my "Congratulatory Tea" with you :p

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
26* in Ukiah this morning. Pack warm clothes! I’m taking off at the crack of dawn on Thursday for the 5.5 hour trek. Will bring some firewood to ward off the morning and evening chill. Travel safe.
Ah, T-Shirt weather. lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
And here I was worried about having ac as my generator has crapped out and not enough time to gather parts for a repair. Furnace runs just fine off batteries.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ejfranz, great pic. Congrats on retirement.
I'm half way almost packed and still planning on leaving after work tomorrow, but that should put us there at about dark.

·
Registered
268 Posts
congrats indeed on making it official EJ.
Weather has been interesting, both cold and warm. Good to see got some rain too, and, hope not to much, forecast for the coming weekend, nice to keep dust down.
Flew over the northern part of the blues yesterday, no snow, so least won't have that holding us up.
We were transferring food from house to camper fridge the other day. Was a mason jar with lemonade looking beverage left. Suggested to my limoncello making bride that she might want to bring that to share with the other moonshiners coming :) I would post a pic, but don't have the fancy jar like Admiral, and otherwise doesn't look like something you want to take a pic of, if ya get my meaning

·
Registered
20,368 Posts
Congratulations EJ!

That photo was taken towards end of a long day on Moab's White Rim Trail as we climbed up a scenic side canyon's sandy wash after a river side break along the Colorado. I'ld say he's looking pretty good after a hundred miles. Not even covered with dust or sweat like I was. RetirementPhoto.jpg
Thanks for the reminder of what was a truly memorable day with some really fine people. Let's do it again!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
I made camp with SKC today in group site #6. It is the biggest site, and there is plenty of space for more rigs, so feel free to join us. This will be my last transmission as there is no service in camp. We are currently in John Day riding around on the big bikes, and we should be back in camp at about 6p. This should be fun!

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations. Where's the like button when it's really needed.

Today I go to my Retirement Tea and tomorrow I hit the road.
Each retiree was asked to write a small blurb about themselves and include a picture of themselves.
Thanks to Fred I included this as my picture.

Reactions: ejfranz

·
Registered
552 Posts
I had a great time at the gathering. My family and I left yesterday (Saturday) and got home safe and sound. My wife and kids loved the campground and stayed for three days instead of just 1 or 2 as they had planned. The riding and trails were amazing beyond my expectations.
It was nice to meet all of you and see some of you again. I want to thank Larry for starting and organizing the gathering. Also, thank you Larry, sidekick Chad, ejfranz, and Jeff for dragging me along on their wild and crazy trail rides. I had a ton of fun and came home a better rider.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a great time at the gathering. My family and I left yesterday (Saturday) and got home safe and sound. My wife and kids loved the campground and stayed for three days instead of just 1 or 2 as they had planned. The riding and trails were amazing beyond my expectations.
It was nice to meet all of you and see some of you again. I want to thank Larry for starting and organizing the gathering. Also, thank you Larry, sidekick Chad, ejfranz, and Jeff for dragging me along on their wild and crazy trail rides. I had a ton of fun and came home a better rider.
It was good meeting you and your family. I think our wives went for a walk and spent more time together than we did due to we went on different rides. We also left on Sat morning, but had a great long ride on Fri. I am working on some photos and will post them soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had a great time the last few days and met some nice folks who also love to ride and thanks goes to Larry for organizing the trip. Since there were a few Tw experts on hand I asked them about potential problems with my front forks and they thought it might be low fork oil. With Chad, Ejfranz, and Jeff helping out they had me fixed and ready to roll. Thanks guys….
Friday morning we ( informally) split into 2 groups and with WHS leading the way, we headed up the trail. Leaving at 9:30 and getting back after 5 made for a full day and 77 miles traveled of great fun. Our first stop was at Tower Mountain Lookout for a fantastic view then down to a campground to rest and eat. Made a long loop around with pavement, dirt roads some ATV trails, and great scenery.
I will post some photos below and also a link to two 360 photospheres I uploaded to google maps.

Link to 360 photospheres at Tower Mountain Lookout. https://goo.gl/maps/4eQhC4P7LBy

Link to 360 at Campground / lunch. https://goo.gl/maps/d8b7wSc89UF2

20180617_175133-resized-1024.jpg

20180615_105641-resized-1024.jpg

20180615_113754-01-resized-1024.jpg

20180615_113048-01-resized-1024.jpg

20180615_113859-03-resized-1024.jpg

20180615_130758-resized-1024.jpg

img_20180616_215516_670-resized-1024.jpg

20180616_093155-02-01-resized-1024.jpg

20180616_093300-01-01-resized-1280-resized-1024.jpg

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Had a great time the last few days and met some nice folks
You took some really neat photo's.

I thought about stopping to take a picture of this but didn't. I'm glad you did plus your photo skills are way better than mine so good you did it instead of me. lol.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Made it home about an hour ago. Jeff and I were the only ones left on Sunday and we managed to ride the last black diamond single track.
As always a great meeting with lots of riding and beverages.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
WOW! Thank you to all that came. We had several thread stalkers show up unexpectedly, which was such a nice surprise. By my count, there were 14 riders and +6 family non-riders associated with the forum that showed up to camp. Quite a turnout! The riders generally split up into two groups. I think that the area lived up to what I had hoped for an extended weekend gathering offering beautiful scenery accessible from asphalt to gravel roads, double track trails swooping through the forest, and single track trails climbing the mountains. The night time skies were filled with stars under the fire while the encircling riders enjoyed their liquid pain elixirs. I'd call it a success. Nice pics, bladesmith!

Here is a teaser of the video footage...

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
WOW! Thank you to all that came. We had several thread stalkers show up unexpectedly, which was such a nice surprise. By my count, there were 14 riders and +6 family non-riders associated with the forum that showed up to camp. Quite a turnout! The riders generally split up into two groups. I think that the area lived up to what I had hoped for an extended weekend gathering offering beautiful scenery accessible from asphalt to gravel roads, double track trails swooping through the forest, and single track trails climbing the mountains. The night time skies were filled with stars under the fire while the encircling riders enjoyed their liquid pain elixirs. I'd call it a success. Nice pics, bladesmith!

Here is a teaser of the video footage...

I'm so glad I had a flat tire that day. I actually don't find the single track fun when there is that much danger and struggle. Thank you flat tire and Wa Larry & Sidekick Chad for having video camera's for the rest of us to view what you went through on a couple of those hard single track days.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Larry, I enjoyed the video and looked like fun, for you guys...... But I think I am with Admiral on this, as it looked like more than I would care to do for a long ride. And yes the weekend was a success. I had a good ride and good time.....

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
The night time skies were filled with stars under the fire while the encircling riders enjoyed their liquid pain elixirs. I'd call it a success. Nice pics, bladesmith!
Baby fire with rugged TW riding group. (Grewen, Sidekick Chad (soon to be renamed - Smoke Rudder), ejfranz, Wa Larry (aka - the organizer - Leisure Time Larry), and Mrs. Admiral.

Manly big "stick" fire the last group night. hehe

161 - 180 of 214 Posts