TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
What he said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I recommend the Manrack above the headlight front rack, and their rear rack is also a great choice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Like anything, it depends what you're going to carry on it and how often it's going to be used. I see some pictures of TWs with Cycleracks loaded to the hilt and think "that'll never happen" for me...

My used bike came with homemade "Cyclerack" front and rear and I removed them almost immediately as they are overkill for how I want to use the rack. For me, I'll strap a tail bag for longer rides to carry a few things or use it to go on a beer run but I'm not camping on my TW or carrying my dog on the rear.

I decided on the Manrack after also considering the Nomad rack. The deciding factor was how the Manrack mounted to both the main and sub frames (vs. just the sub frame). Great service and great quality product from Manracks but as I shared in another thread, it does come up a little short, literally. First, it seems that the rack could be extended further towards the rear light to cover more of the fender and provide more rack space. Seems like wasted opportunity. And the middle bars running parallel to the main rack frame makes attaching/strapping loads sometimes challenging. This is what I like about the Nomad is the rack is a platform with more strapping options especially for the small items. I'm having a field day getting my Giant Loop tail pack secured to the Manrack.

And as I also shared in the other thread, my ideal rack would be a Pro Moto billet rack but they don't exist for the TW unfortunately. That being said, the Manrack handles 2 15packs without issue (talk about a red light conversation starter):

IMG_6804.JPG

(no clue why some of pictures publish not oriented properly - any guidance is appreciated)

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
While we audience can double click to re-orientate the photo the best solution is to orient the camera "properly" according to the camera's internal logic before taking picture.

·
Registered
85 Posts
While we audience can double click to re-orientate the photo the best solution is to orient the camera "properly" according to the camera's internal logic before taking picture.
Thanks Fred. Guess I should have taken the picture before I started drinking beer... :eek:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not trying to threadjack (I figure it might be relevant for the OP, myself and anyone else who is currently window shopping and stop me from posting another thread :p), but what is the "best" overall rack?

Here is what I am interested in;

1) rack will make a great grab/lift point for picking up a dropped bike.
2) offers some protection to the bike, without "getting in the way".
3) as TheFunkyMonkey has demonstrated, be able to do a weekly beer/light groceries run.
4) has frame mounting points.
5) I won't be riding with a passenger.
6) I won't be doing any ADV/Expedition/Camping - just day runs ~ 80% off-road use.
7) in the future, be able to carry an archery setup (Bow, arrows, and related gear - Not hunting, just target practice. I found a nice quiet place to learn)

I would make my own, but I do not have the skills or tools to do so. Besides, it would probably not look so good.

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
I went with Manracks on the rear – easy to pick up the bike after a fall, and unlike those which attach to the rear foot pegs, won’t pin your foot down if you go tits up – tucks in nicely to the rear seat, and will handle most things (unless you want to get silly about it) …..

CIMG4932.JPG

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks for the input. I decided to go with the Manracks Handy Rack ($160 US Dollars). I'll be placing the order through their website. The shipping costs are reasonable, as well.

Oh yeah, great looking bike Purple. That colour scheme is quite nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts