TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on installing a fuel filter to my new TW but instead of cutting the stock fuel line I’m planning on buying a 12 inch length of clear fuel line, measure carefully, remove the stock fuel line and install the whole new assembly. I’d be grateful for the ID of the stock fuel line. Thank you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Planning on installing a fuel filter to my new TW but instead of cutting the stock fuel line I’m planning on buying a 12 inch length of clear fuel line, measure carefully, remove the stock fuel line and install the whole new assembly. I’d be grateful for the ID of the stock fuel line. Thank you.
I apologize, I should have searched. It’s 1/4 inch or 3/16inch for press fit and no clamps. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Get that yellow Tygon fuel line, it's resistant to weathering from the Sun, etc. I think I used the 3/16 for a tight press fit.
I apologize, I should have searched. It’s 1/4 inch or 3/16inch for press fit and no clamps. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
if you are going to use a foot of gas line, you may run into the same problem i did. i thought i would make a nice graceful curve and it ended up making the fuel flow restricted and the engine kept running out of fuel after about a mile 53.JPG but it sure looked purdy

·
Registered
968 Posts
Just FYI I cut my stock line and added a 90 degree fuel filter. With the after market tank (3.7 gal.) and side plastic it's covered and works ... and everything :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you are going to use a foot of gas line, you may run into the same problem i did. i thought i would make a nice graceful curve and it ended up making the fuel flow restricted and the engine kept running out of fuel after about a mile View attachment 187092 but it sure looked purdy
No, no, I said I was going to BUY a foot of fuel line but I'm gonna stay with the stock length, including filter. But thank you for the heads-up.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I used a right angle filter, tucks in tight, won't kink or pinch.

·
Registered
322 Posts
After I installed my Clarke Tank, my fuel line almost bent a 90° turn. It didn't cause any issues what-so-ever which surprised me. I recently added a new line which doubled the length, put less of a kink in the line but I figured if I am in trouble and need a new fuel line, I can remove 50% of existing and self-rescue.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Reactions: Darth

·
Registered
562 Posts
get a quality fuel line. Especially a transparent line. It takes little time for cheap fuel line to become stiff and discolored. Your new TW deserves better

·
Registered
20,508 Posts
Eatelk's idea for extra fuel line has value. A set-up like goldenhtr's developed a crack on the backside I did not notice until fuel leaking down my leg got my attention. It leaked about 2 gallons on about 44 miles of the nervous 45 mile ride back to camp before running dry. A splash from my Rotopak resumed the leaking for the final mile. A foot of yellow Tygon from Green River Napa store solved problem and gave me some spare hose for the future.
While of course the correct fuel line is metric my preference is for the 1/4 inch with clamps rather than the 3/16ths which is hard to remove without breaking the fuel filter when removing the gas tank.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts