TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2018 TW200..For Sale!

*****UPDATE, it is now officially for sale!******

I may have to sell my 2018 Tw200, I will know Monday so I figured I would at least let everyone know.
I just bought it brand new about 2 months ago. Basically brand new.
It has ONLY 21 miles on it and quite a few upgrades...
Kenda 241
ManRacks BBQ rack
FMF exhaust
Acerbis handguards
Pro-taper Atv hi bars
Oversized foot pegs
Seat Concepts cover
MSR aluminum skid plate

I have all the original parts also.

I figure $4000 would be a great asking price.

Here are some pics in my original thread.
http://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/51681-new-2018-tw200-2.html

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will unfortunately have to sell her!
With our daughter starting college this coming year and the fact we need to buy her a car this month we are a little tight with cash. I was hoping to save enough cash quick enough to be able to fund everything but we came up a little short. So off the TW goes to a hopeful new owner. I will buy another one down the road!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
That is a great deal with the upgrades. Figure out how much time is left on the warranty, if any. That’s gotta be a selling tool too. Although I don’t think you’ll have to work hard on this one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
With our daughter starting college this coming year and the fact we need to buy her a car this month we are a little tight with cash. I was hoping to save enough cash quick enough to be able to fund everything but we came up a little short. So off the TW goes to a hopeful new owner. I will buy another one down the road!
Karma says....................................................................................you most definitely will.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
What can I say Mike builds his TW's exactly the way I like them so when I saw this up for sale it was "gone in sixty seconds" as far as I was concerned. Mike picked up a Gripper and the FMF from me and that really got me thinking of how much I like the 2018 colors I'm still shocked I was able to get one this soon! My buddy still rides the 2009 I bought from Mike last year (or the year before I forget) but it was also decked out with just the right stuff and my friend loves it. Thanks again Mike I hope you pick up a 19 next year and we can finally ride these things lol !!!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Even in 2017 Yamaha can't seem to assemble a TW clutch return spring properly you would think this would be common knowledge to Yami dealers by now
View attachment 145426
SAM_9091.JPG
I've seen TW's with 15k miles that never had the spring installed properly but I can feel it in the clutch lever's lazy return plus it's the first thing I look at when checking out TW's

You can surprise even experienced TW-ers buy showing them a "factory defect" in their bikes I remember a former forum member who bet me there was nothing wrong with his bikes assembly and when I pointed out the spring not installed properly he was shocked

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Even in 2017 Yamaha can't seem to assemble a TW clutch return spring properly ...
Yup, my new 2018 had the spring end under the lever instead of over it. On my initial 5 minute test drive, it felt fine, but the next day the end of the cable popped out of the fitting on the lever and.....NO CLUTCH! :eek: Took about 5 minutes to fix at the stoplight with the stock tool kit. This really is ridiculous for such a simple bike. I made a point of telling the dealer (who has been great BTW), that this inspection should be routine out of the crate.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I have a 2001 TW with 21 actual miles that came from a California Park Service warehouse to it is well preserved. I noticed there all green lacquer paint dabs on the rear sprocket bolts most likely signifying torque check and lock tabs secured. There is also a paint dab on top of the clutch actuator rod and the spring was installed correctly so I bet that was a QC assembly check for the return spring. I also see those paint marks on a pair of pristine 1993's I own and they all happen to be original Cali TW's although I doubt that makes any difference

·
Registered
110 Posts
Have daughter ride TW ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts