TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

2019 Part I - Why We Ride

3K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Fred 
#1 ·
Trail conditions around the Mountain Fleet Headquarters (MF HQ) have been a little sketchy but decided to post one of the videos I've been working on since my riding season ended last November.

As some people who know me, I'm a serious person with some serious issues. Wait, that didn't sound right. Anyway, I decided to let my helmet hair down and put together a few (several, many, a lot) of clips from the 2019 riding season which pretty much shows how we roll (and fall). Part I of the 2019 riding season is from the Succor Creek Oregon area, local, and the first few days of Moab.

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Awesome video!
I would never get my wife to ride, it is great you can do that with her. She looks like she is having a ball. Great way to spend time together. Looks like you have found and managed to keep a good woman!!
I sure wish I could make it out there to ride Moab one day. It’s on my bucket list. Hopefully, time and funds will come together one of these days. That scenery is beautiful, and looks like the riding is a challenge.
Keep the videos coming...

#7 ·
Awesome video!
I would never get my wife to ride, it is great you can do that with her. She looks like she is having a ball. Great way to spend time together. Looks like you have found and managed to keep a good woman!!
I sure wish I could make it out there to ride Moab one day. It’s on my bucket list. Hopefully, time and funds will come together one of these days. That scenery is beautiful, and looks like the riding is a challenge.
Keep the videos coming...
Moab is very scenic and beautiful even Fred Flintstone thought so. haha. Mrs. Admiral used to ride ATV's only. Then one day she wanted to ride my TW and the rest is history! I like riding with the guys once in a while but love riding with Mrs. Admiral. ...and she didn't even tell me to say that.

#3 ·
Thank you, Admiral! I'm still holding fast until the snow breaks - your videos are a great help!

Reactions: admiral and Arky73
#5 ·
Good stuff! Thanks for putting that together.

Reactions: admiral
#10 ·
Putting the video together got me excited to go ride. Then I looked outside at the stil deep snow and got unexcited. Well, I might trailer one of the bikes down to the valley and go ride. I heard ya'll getting spring weather.

#6 ·
"That's pretty"....Pretty darn good is right! Tremendous variety of terrain and adventures these bikes can provide, no wonder why we ride.
Admiral's videos always put a smile on my face , makes me want to put on a helmet and pound out some miles.

#11 ·
"That's pretty"....Pretty darn good is right! Tremendous variety of terrain and adventures these bikes can provide, no wonder why we ride.
Admiral's videos always put a smile on my face , makes me want to put on a helmet and pound out some miles.
Riding around on "some" of the roads and trails on the ATV ain't cutt'in it. I need some 2-wheel time soon. Until then, back to the editing room for part II. Only took me a month to put together part I. Only, holy hell it seemed to take forever!

#18 · (Edited)
A lot of northern Nevada is melted out with endless riding opportunities. Still cold at night but a hot springs soak will thaw out a frozen water bottle or frozen rider. No snow to shovel here just south of the Idaho border.
No ORV stickers or camp site reservations necessary, just the freedom that comes with a not over zealous administrative hand by BLM on Public Lands. Keep America Great!
Natural landscape Body of water Nature Sky Water resources

#19 ·
A lot of northern Nevada is melted out with endless riding opportunities. Still cold at night but a hot springs soak will thaw out a frozen water bottle or frozen rider. No snow to shovel here just south of the Idaho border.
No ORV stickers or camp site reservations necessary, just the freedom that comes with a not over zealous administrative hand by BLM on Public Lands. Keep America Great! View attachment 203763
we are coming down that way to start our holidays this year and will be looking for places just like that. beautiful!

#22 · (Edited)
Virgin Valley Hot Springs & campground shown here are kind of on the way to Moab if you draw a straight enough line across a big enough map.:cool:
Actually they ain't near nothin' other than the nearby Royal Peacock Opal Mine ( pay a few bucks , dig your own and then keep whatever you find). Not a bad lay-over if you're flowing through on your way to the Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge and the Black Rock Desert regions. Several other hot springs too, but you have to bring your own bathing beauty like in my above posted picture.
Speaking of beauties, sorry to hear Lori may not be 100%. Had somehow assumed Mrs.Admiral was fully recovered. Think she'ld like a little hot hydro-therapy followed by a ride to the opal mines to go dig up some jewels?
Natural landscape Water Sky Landscape Tree

#23 ·
Virgin Valley Hot Springs & campground shown here are kind of on the way to Moab if you draw a straight enough line across a big enough map.:cool:
Actually they ain't near nothin' other than the nearby Royal Peacock Opal Mine ( pay a few bucks , dig your own and then keep whatever you find). Not a bad lay-over if you're flowing through on your way to the Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge and the Black Rock Desert regions. Several other hot springs too, but you have to bring your own bathing beauty like in my above posted picture.
Speaking of beauties, sorry to hear Lori may not be 100%. Had somehow assumed Mrs.Admiral was fully recovered. Think she'ld like a little hot hydro-therapy followed by a ride to the opal mines to go dig up some jewels?
View attachment 203765
nice Fred, can you drop any names of same type of place further north, maybe Fallon area and east

#24 ·
There is 12 Mile Hot Springs NW of Wells in on I80 corridor.
Off of HWY50 east of Austin are Fish Valley, Spencer & Bartine seen here bolow. I rode Betty Boop from Spencer following endless burro tracks to nowhere following general instructions to find Bartine. Never found it.
I did ride to another , Potts, in Monitor Valley but it is private property. Further south in Monitor Valleyon way to Belmont Ghost Town is Diana 's Punch Bowl, a deadly geothermal vent.
Ecoregion Plain Tree Landscape Technology

Reactions: grewen
#25 ·
There is 12 Mile Hot Springs NW of Wells in on I80 corridor.
Off of HWY50 east of Austin are Fish Valley, Spencer & Bartine seen here bolow. I rode Betty Boop from Spencer following endless burro tracks to nowhere following general instructions to find Bartine. Never found it.
I did ride to another , Potts, in Monitor Valley but it is private property. Further south in Monitor Valleyon way to Belmont Ghost Town is Diana 's Punch Bowl, a deadly geothermal vent. View attachment 203787

thanks Fred, i'll google those areas

#26 ·
I will often overnight at Spencer Hot Springs on way back from Moab gatherings. New Years 2018 I camped at Spencer to view the lunar eclipse from inside the tub while a heard of 20 plus wild burros browsed the adjacent water fed foliage. Fantastic beginning for a three day ride of exploration.
While it is rare to encounter an angry owner at Potts Hot Springs one should respect the private property status.
Similarly Diana's Punch Bowl is very dangerous and has killed just about everything and everyone who has fallen in. Not a place for a dog off of a leash.
Fish Valley is too far out of the way . However Bartine is only ~ 2.5 miles off The Loneliest Highway midway between Austin and Eureka. Nearby power line is a landmark and springs are near the 5th power line tower in from the dirt access road from HWY 50.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.