TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im in Australia and the latest model delivered was 2007. Decals discontinued so I can't get ahold of them here and the ones on eBay arnt the design I'm after. If anyone has a part number for it or know where to find it that would at least be a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
14 Posts
they make a rubber eraser that works with a drill that will remove them just well. I have used them lots on steel and aluminum. does not hurt the painted surfaces.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Surely it's not painted on, it must be a sticker and cleared over?

This what I plan to do;

Leave the lower part of the graphics alone
The Thick black stripe is actually electrical tape
That and above, that I would like to get decals/vinyl made up to complete the pattern I'm after. Currently, those are my mad MSPaint skills.
I'd like to the leave the primary colours as is (white, black, blue, silver) with a touch of gold highlights (chain, rear sprocket maybe)

tank graphics.jpg

·
Registered
270 Posts
Then it won't have TW or 200 on it. I always look at bikes to see what they are. I don't like it when all the stickers are gone. I wear mine proudly.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Surely it's not painted on, it must be a sticker and cleared over?
Looks like the tank is painted and not a decal like the plastics on the rest of the bike. My buddy who works at Yamaha with the guy who does the graphics was surprised himself when he took a close look at my bike. I think you could get a custom graphics person to recreate as a decal, but I don't think the dealer will be able to help there. Could be wrong, but it's certainly different from the other graphics on the bike, and if it is a decal, it's under clear coat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, they are a decal that has been cleared over for the tank only. My 2000 is the same way. Most manufacturers do it that way on street/metal tanks. I would say have a graphics company just make a matching custom sticker for your application.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts