TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feels like it’s disengaging(lever, cable , has spring tension and moves free) but won’t disengage with lever all the way pulled. I even tightened the cable, still same.

Bikes been sitting for over a year. Just got it running after new battery and ground corrosion clean up.

Any have idea on where to start??

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yup, start it up, pull in the clutch, put in gear, let out clutch. She'll unstick. May stall a couple times, but sooner or later, it will free up.

Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Start the bike and hold the clutch in for 1 minute in neutral, then shut it off. Put it in gear, rock it back and forth and see if the clutch works. Start up and ride!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Check that the clutch return spring on top of the motor is installed properly it’s often not installed correctly at the factory which may allow the hot plates to sit together upon shutdown possibly allowing them to stick together. Guys here are right start it and get rolling til you can click into gear and ride for a few minutes it will free up this is common on old BW200’s that have been sitting for years

I have my new 2014 in my truck I’ll add a pic once I get food at Dennys Flagstaff although mothers day crowd is thick here looks like a gray hair old lady convention in town one guy with 20 woman and multiple groups maybe it’s a Mother’s Day bus cruise ?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
What the hell did this kid get into????? It’s only got 500 miles on it!!

Anyone think an engine flush and running few quarts through will fix this up??☹🤞🏼
Looks like he was playing in the creek allot 😁
mike from NC

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Reactions: Snow Fox

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
You'll be wrenching inside it sooner or later. Look at the filter.

I think I'd probably flush it good a few times and see what happens but I suspect it'll be as dependable as a 72 Chevy Vega.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Vegas were very reliable with the addition of a 400 small Bock...😀

·
Registered
2022 TW200
9 Posts
Man, the only thing I can think of that would turn oil that color is aluminum, maybe submerged in water and diluted, or he filled it with milk!
Flush it a few times with a high detergent oil till it looks good ..,
Maybe a kerosene or diesel rinse first .....
Definitely worth a try, you might get lucky. Hope it works out for ya without too much cost.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Man, the only thing I can think of that would turn oil that color is aluminum, maybe submerged in water and diluted, or he filled it with milk!

Definitely worth a try, you might get lucky. Hope it works out for ya without too much cost.
Will milk work in a pinch if you're low on oil?

I bet it would...as long as you went with a 3% milk fat or a heavy cream... I bet you could run a motorcycle on milk... tell me I'm wrong!

I mean if motoGP uses race milk... why can't we?

Automotive tire Grass Asphalt Slope Competition event

·
Registered
449 Posts
Budding u-boat commander will turn oil that color. Flush twice with cheap dino oil & paper filter by getting it fully up to temp before changing both. Then go to your preferred oil & filter. With luck, they didn't run it like that long enough to hurt anything. It's important to get it up to temp before dumping the oil to aid it vaporizing the H2O.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
16 oz Marvel Mystery Oil mixed with 16 oz cheapest thinest oil you cany buy.
Pull clutch lever in and rubberband to the handlegrip.
Run bike for a couple minutes and dump oil. Repeat with same ratio and run bike couple minutes longer.

1 quart cheapest oil (is there such a thing anymore) and run again for a several minutes and dump oil.

Replace or wash screen mesh filter and drain plug filter.

Use wet clutch approved 10w-40 and ride bike for a hundred miles or so and strap clutch lever to hand grip again and drain for 30 minutes, clean filters again.

Replinish with your favourite brand of wet clutch approved 10W-40 oil and ride it like it belonged to your ex wife's husband, or, your husband-in-law if you will.

Then close your eyes, tap your heels together three times and repeat after me,

"There's no place like TW200FORUM!"

Then open your eyes and play George Thorogood
"Get a Haircut and Get a Real Job"
and realize it was all a bad dream!

Ride on Brother, Right On!

Marty

1 - 20 of 36 Posts