TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BACK STORY: This is a project from my 55-Year Old family member (Aerospace Company President) who wanted to "relive" his childhood. After over $8,500 “+” invested in bike/time/parts - his hip was injured 3 months ago so he cannot hold up the bike (sad) and is going to sell it here and locally.

He purchased this 2019 TW200 Brand New...drove it around 4-5 times (had mud on it once) and parked it (it has less than 20 miles on it). When COVID hit and he spent all of his time having it customized in different configurations.

Here are a few mods: custom front caliper, custom front wheel, custom rear hub, custom back wheel, mini blinkers, brand new O-ring chain, custom fender, soft knobby tire in front(brand new), perfectly balanced rear tire (brand new), Yamaha triple-tree from "Tri-Z", front-wheel from a Tri-Z, Tri-Z air shocks, custom mirrors, headlight mesh cage, handguards(not installed) Gas Org. tank w logo is blacked out with a removable adhesive plastic film(he couldn't get it perfect so u will see a wrinkle or two)...and much more!!!

The tires still have the "Rubber Hairs" intact and are DOT. "

NOTE: all OEM parts (tires - fender - shocks - speedometer etc.) come with the bike if you want to (in a few hours) bring it back to Org....all Org. parts are "As New" condition.

$5,800
Pick up preferred or possibly shipped (Buyer pays shipping) Contact Me With All Questions…thx

Located NE PA (Zip 18704)

Clean Title in Hand/ One Owner

There are a few more pics if you message meI will send them.

Will Go on Sale Tomorrow in Local and Online Locations

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
344 Posts
This is an absolute no-brainer for the right person. Nice looking build!

Won't last long & will make someone verrry happy.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
I keep looking at this bike.
Does anyone know if the tri z triple trees increase the castor angle of the forks, or is that just an illusion due to the longer fork arms and different size tire?
I was always told that longer castor angle increases stability at speed, but decreases turning angle and willingness to turn (agility?). Which would likely be the opposite of what this bike is looking for. I'm guessing Fred and some others have the answer and experience to go with it.

·
Super Moderator
6,110 Posts
The changing of the castor angle of the forks depends on the length of the forks, and this can be adjusted by dropping the forks in the triple. The primary angle will always be there, all you have to do is make the relative adjustments to achieve it once more

Without a stock TW and this bike side by side, I have no idea what’s going on here, but I do know that if I had that stock TW and this one sitting on the same driveway, it would be perfectly possible to get that “castor angle” back to original (if in fact it had changed)

There is a school of thought to suggest that even the introduction of a ATV tire on the rear is going to mess with this, but as nobody has even mentioned this so far gives you some idea of just how far you have to go to make it noticeable …….

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Gents-thank you for the supporting comments...greatly appreciated.

I will see what I can find for you but I am not the expert here...apologies. I know others (local shops etc. - experienced bike Mech.) were involved so it's hard for me to get direct answers...let me see what I can find and report back.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The changing of the castor angle of the forks depends on the length of the forks, and this can be adjusted by dropping the forks in the triple. The primary angle will always be there, all you have to do is make the relative adjustments to achieve it once more
I think you are mostly correct. There are some triple trees designed to add rake or castor angle to the front end of bikes. These are mostly used in custom choppers where they want the raked-out look but don't want to cut and reweld the frame. The lower triple protrudes farther forward than the top, thus increasing the angle.

Regardless of the angle of this bike, it would be very rideable at its available speeds and I have no concerns about it, just asking questions to further educate myself.
I am so confident in this bike's geometry that I am willing to buy it if some nice forum member is willing to ship or deliver it across the country to me. As a reward for their help, I will let them stay in my bus for a few days, lead them on any desired Wallowa County TW rides, and buy them a meal at the infamous Imnaha Tavern/General Store. I know that my offer is very generous, so the first come first served, otherwise I might have a bidding war start for the privilege of delivering the bike to me.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
if it has an extended swingarm then a little more rake is probably perfect as extending swingarms usually reduces rake leading to twitchy steering

Reactions: Purple

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The owner might be receptive to helping out with the cost of shipping...I am not sure what it costs to ship a TW these days...

This pic could not be placed at the top of the page because you only allowed 10 pics...so it's dropped in here...

The bike can off the road with 14.8 miles on it...and he road it two or three times after that...so it "might" have 30 miles on it total...Crazy!!!

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
344 Posts
I wish I needed this bike, because I WANT it! Someone hurry up & give this man your $.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If my truck was running and I had a few more dollars in the bank...
This little bad boy would be mine...
If I was to see something like this in a stealership , I would whip out
The Yamaha card in a heartbeat.....
I think this tw and I could become soulmates...
Damn it seems like I will always be a month late and a few dollars short...
If this would have come along in July it would be mine .......
That little goat is just begging for racks , a front fender and a trailer.......
mike from N.C.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
If my truck was running and I had a few more dollars in the bank...
This little bad boy would be mine...
If I was to see something like this in a stealership , I would whip out
The Yamaha card in a heartbeat.....
I think this tw and I could become soulmates...
Damn it seems like I will always be a month late and a few dollars short...
If this would have come along in July it would be mine .......
That little goat is just begging for racks , a front fender and a trailer.......
mike from N.C.
If you put a trailer on that bike... we are no longer cool, lol.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If you put a trailer on that bike... we are no longer cool, lol.
Ok , no trailer..
Are you volunteering to follow me with a couple cases of
Beer , charcoal , a grill and a few nice steaks ?
A man has to survive on the trail...
The trailer has more pros then cons...
I don't have a camper or fancy motorhome to base camp out of.....
I have to take the party with me... LOL
mike

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Ok , no trailer..
Are you volunteering to follow me with a couple cases of
Beer , charcoal , a grill and a few nice steaks ?
A man has to survive on the trail...
The trailer has more pros then cons...
I don't have a camper or fancy motorhome to base camp out of.....
I have to take the party with me... LOL
mike
Sure I'll bring the steak and beers :)

But seriously I hope someone in the community grabs that bike, it needs a good home.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I think I need to go to Pennsylvania
Gully if your going to Pennsylvania can you pick something up for me ? ..LOL..
I hope everything is going great in your neck of the woods..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts