TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the new add from a Washington dealer for the "new" TW200 and it's identical to the 2018 they didn't even change the gold tank stripe!

Luckily I love the 2018 colors but I was looking forward to something new and exciting in TW land

·
Registered
604 Posts
I agree. Was hoping they would change a little so us '18ers would have our own special color scheme. Guess I'll just have to settle on being "~special~":p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heck I was hoping we would finally get Japan version with larger engine, round headlight and better dash. Throw in a little improvement on suspension and that would be a major upgrade!

·
Registered
305 Posts
The TW has had the same color scheme for multiple years in the past, no big surprise there. I suspect the TW will continue on as-is (aside from maybe some B.N.G's) until emissions requirements force the engine out to pasture. At which point the TW will either be discontinued if Yamaha doesn't think sales warrant the R&D for a total redesign, we might get a "all new" TW if Yamaha thinks sales would warrant development, or possibly get a variant of the JDM version as a compromise.

Honda announced the 650L will return for 2019 as well with zero changes as well. I was half expecting the announcement of the 450L would essentially replace the ancient 650L in their lineup for the "big dual sport" option, but maybe they're gonna give the 450L a year to see how it does before deciding to pull the plug on the big reg pig.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heck I was hoping we would finally get Japan version with larger engine, round headlight and better dash. Throw in a little improvement on suspension and that would be a major upgrade!

Heck thats a great idea I never even thought of that but just bring the TW225 to the American market I wonder why that hasn't been tried

Cheapy Yamaha would not have to retool or change anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts