TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike sat for 2 months without draining float bowl with CA gas. I can start the bike and it will idle. After the bike is idling, if I give a super small amount of throttle, the RPMs will increase a small amount. If I increase the throttle anymore, the engine just dies. I have drained the float bowl and added some seafoam carb cleaner into the fuel. I did the whole carb cleaning instructions on the seafoam can, and it didn't help. I then removed the float bowl to get access to the main jet and pilot jet. I removed the pilot jet and main jet and cleaned them. I didn't see any blockages. After re installing the jets, the engine still dies after applying any decent amount of throttle. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know it sounds crazy, but remove the vent line on your gas cap and check to see if there is anything in it. I had the same problems you are having, and it just about drove me off the deep end. I had just enough crud in the hose to allow a tiny bit of airflow to keep a fuel flow, but not enough airflow once any throttle was given. Check your cap too..... Hope this helps, best of luck!

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Plenty of fuel in the tank? (I let my first tank run out and thought something was wrong with the bike until I finally checked)

Check fuel flow from the petcock hose (disconnect from carb).

You light have checked this stuff, just throwing out the basics to rule them out :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
It’s your pilot jet. It’s still plugged.

Look at the thread directly above yours, guy had the exact same problem. Pilot jet....

Once it’s clean and running good you don’t need any fancy additives or filters. Just use the factory provided float bowl drain whenever you are done riding and it will be good to go the next time as long as the fuel in the tank isn’t really old.

·
Registered
131 Posts
A bad float valve position, float valve sticking, or a restriction on the screen above the float valve seat is also something that will make it go lean as you roll on the throttle and not have enough fuel once the main circuit is starting to take over.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I think MountainMan75 pretty much explained it. You can try shaking the bike a lot then drain the float bowl. The put some carb cleaner in the bike and shake it some more. Let it sit overnight and take the bike for a ride in the morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.