TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and looked at a used 2021 Tenere 700 with many mods and under 10 000 km and put a deposit on it. I will pick it up tomorrow. The bike just feels so much more off road capable than my VStrom 650.
Pictures to come.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
No fair. You already have the best collection of bikes and now you're adding the best off road capable adventure bike in years.
If you run out of room in your garage up there in Canada, let me know and I can store some, or all, of your bikes for you down here in the States. No charge.

But seriously, congrats. The T-7 has been on my long term want list since they started teasing it 3 years ago. I hope it is every bit as good as it seems.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No fair. You already have the best collection of bikes and now you're adding the best off road capable adventure bike in years.
If you run out of room in your garage up there in Canada, let me know and I can store some, or all, of your bikes for you down here in the States. No charge.

But seriously, congrats. The T-7 has been on my long term want list since they started teasing it 3 years ago. I hope it is every bit as good as it seems.
When we meet up again, I’ll let you take it for a spin.
I think Kris has dibs on some of my other bikes when I decide to get rid of them and he has also offered to store them for me.

·
Super Moderator
15,005 Posts
DT200 is mine. I don't care what the U.S. air quality people say! Scorpa is in my wheelhouse too! If you don't want to sell them then you'll have to store them here and I'll, of course, have to exercise them on occasion so they don't get rusty pipes! :)
T7 looks interesting if I was into bigger bikes and more money.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
  • Wow
Reactions: SEADUB200

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Some pictures. I didn't have time to take any good ones as I had to head out of town.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Very nice! I'm going to look at these - I'm thinking of getting a "between bike" - the TW and my huge Victory bagger. This looks like a good middle point - please report how it does at highway speeds - several trails I like are a pretty far ride on faster roads - not tough trails, once there - so something bigger like this would be OK.
Love my Dub, hate to make her scream on higher speed roads. All the closer more difficult trails are Dub territory.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Very nice! I'm going to look at these - I'm thinking of getting a "between bike" - the TW and my huge Victory bagger. This looks like a good middle point - please report how it does at highway speeds - several trails I like are a pretty far ride on faster roads - not tough trails, once there - so something bigger like this would be OK.
Love my Dub, hate to make her scream on higher speed roads. All the closer more difficult trails are Dub territory.
Exactly!
I don't push the little Dub all that hard either. MY "middle" bike is an '18 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT (fully automatic). It's a tad heavier than the 700 Tenere at 540 lbs. But, it's a lot of fun to ride. No doubt about it, I sure as heck can't ride my A/T like the guy in the video, don't plan to. But, it's nice to be able to have a couple of bikes that are designed for and have, their own purposes.
Scott

Attachments

Reactions: Donzo and ejfranz

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow!
And I never knew this bike existed, now I need one!
Hopefully we get to meet up in Quartzsite and you can take it for a spin, which should seal the deal on needing one.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I'll be needing the tour package...
Negates having passenger pegs that way. I wonder if GIVI makes a trunk bag for it?

Reactions: ejfranz

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The deal killer could be that there are no passenger pegs. My wife might have something to say about that....
I put the passenger pegs back on yesterday. There is a plethora of aftermarket accessories for the T7. All different types of touring packages. I am considering the one Rocky Mountain has. I will just need to get it shipped to someone in the US. I am thinking Garden Valley.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the new shield looks better than the Suzuki one - and your Yami won't be offended anymore!
Actually, I had a Suzuki wind screen from LT that I was playing with. The second pick is of the stock screen. I had removed the screen to play with how I wanted to mount my GPS.

Reactions: Donzo
1 - 20 of 46 Posts