TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wheel Tire Plant Sky Vehicle

The rain is gone, the water is receding and I got a chance to take the T7 out.

Water Tire Wheel Cloud Mountain

Stave lake mud flats. As you can see there is no mud, water level is the highest I have seen it and the damn is roaring with water being let through.

Plant Plant community Bedrock Wood Tire

Plant Plant community Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface

No issues with rock, but in a harder section I did hit a baby head and drop it. My leg got pinned and when I transfer the weight of the bike from the rear of the bike to the front a nasty jagged rock cracked the faring and popped 2 tabs.

Tire Cloud Wheel Plant Sky

End of the road, Well as far as I ever go.
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Plant

More rocks
Plant Vehicle Plant community Automotive lighting Automotive tire

This bike does not disappoint. I just need to get a bit more comfortable on it, though, I did push it pretty hard in spots today,
I have a Motoz Tractionator Adventure rear tire on hold at the local shop that will replace the TKC 80 on the rear as it is 1/2 worn.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So here is the damage
Tire Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Even lost the emblem. I will need to head back up and see if I can find it, if I can remember the location.

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light

Tire on right is the stock tire 150/70 18. On the bike is the TKC 140/80 18 and on the left is the Motoz Tractionator Adventurer a 140/80 18. I loved this tire on the Wee (150/70 17) so I have high expectations when I get it on the T7. First I will burn off the TKC

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
I'd be so mad at myself. I love my garage queens.

Reactions: ejfranz

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'd be so mad at myself. I love my garage queens.
I bought this bike to take me places the Wee would struggle on and would get high centred.
The atmospheric river had washed a lot of the soil from this road leaving a very jagged terrain. I use to take the Wee up it, but now I do not even think I would try.
Maybe it was my subconscious reminding me that I really wanted the traditional blue and yellow
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

·
Super Moderator
14,983 Posts
I bought this bike to take me places the Wee would struggle on and would get high centred.
The atmospheric river had washed a lot of the soil from this road leaving a very jagged terrain. I use to take the Wee up it, but now I do not even think I would try.
Maybe it was my subconscious reminding me that I really wanted the traditional blue and yellow
. View attachment 220080
I watch a lot of videos from a singletrack youtube poster with the name of "offroadrider15f" or something like this. Bodi watches a lot of his videos as well. Anyway, this past summer he rode with a guy who I believe is or was a motocross champion rider. Without going back to watch some of his videos I can't remember the motocross rider's name. Anyway, the motocross rider rode many singletrack trails on a T7. For the trails, he rode the T7 was a handful. I wouldn't even think to ride some of these trails with any bike. Maybe hiking but man, this guy tackled some pretty gnarly & steep trails with the T7. With your riding capabilities, I know you're gonna go into some pretty gnarly areas yourself. Retirement is treating you very very well. Keep up the fun! :)

P.S. with my capabilities, my XT350 is my version of a T7. I'll go in some gnar but it was a beast on some easy singletrack.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tank bag came today.
Also went and looked at a tail and luggage racks. The luggage rack needs to be a tad longer on the exhaust side so I will pick them up tomorrow from the manufacturer.
check out dirtracks.ca or dirtracks.com for what they make.

Reactions: Ken and littletommy

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Very nice! I'm going to look at these - I'm thinking of getting a "between bike" - the TW and my huge Victory bagger. This looks like a good middle point - please report how it does at highway speeds - several trails I like are a pretty far ride on faster roads - not tough trails, once there - so something bigger like this would be OK.
Love my Dub, hate to make her scream on higher speed roads. All the closer more difficult trails are Dub territory.
I took it for a brief run on HWY 1 out of Vancouver and ran it at 115 km/h (GPS) (Speedo is way off) for a bit and it was smooth with lots of power to accelerate. This is not an interstate (80+ mph) motorcycle, in my opinion, it is too light. It is about 70 lbs lighter than my Wee and I found it too light for long freeway travel. The Wee is about 67 HP and my Tenere is around 75 HP with the mods. This bike also has a 520 chain conversion and I have not looked at the final gearing. The bike seems low geared. I prefer to travel secondary Highways, where it has more than enough passing power and there are more twists and turns.

Reactions: Donzo

·
Registered
992 Posts
Also went and looked at a tail and luggage racks. The luggage rack needs to be a tad longer on the exhaust side so I will pick them up tomorrow from the manufacturer.
check out dirtracks.ca or dirtracks.com for what they make.
When I was shopping for rear side racks for my klr, dirtracks were the best combo of design, quality, and price that I could find. I bought the racks and then sold the bike before actually ever installing them. I hope the new owner appreciated them.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
When I was shopping for rear side racks for my klr, dirtracks were the best combo of design, quality, and price that I could find. I bought the racks and then sold the bike before actually ever installing them. I hope the new owner appreciated them.
The owner gave me a great deal and he did most of the install with a little help from me.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

Remember these LT?
I have used them on the TW, DT, Wee and now the T7

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Very nice.
I'm guessing the company is located in your area? That's handy.
Have they been making those for the T-7 already, or was your bike the prototype?
One of the owners has a T7. The ones I got are their latest adaptation for the T7.
They are located in Langley. So a 28 km ride through city traffic.

Reactions: mountain yawp

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
What make/model bag? Looks like my Nelson Rigg.
The tank bag is a Nelson Rigg. Where do you store the rain cover when it is not raining?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I keep it in the left side compartment. With the bike on the side stand, I figure that side is more likely to spill its contents when opened.
I was mistaken, it is not a Nelson Rigg, it is a Ridge Gear tank bag. I was looking into the Nelson Rigg soft panniers and tail bags yesterday trying to decide what to get. I will hold off until I know Linda is comfortable on this bike. I could also try to modify the racks to accommodate my Suzuki hard cases.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Sorry you dinged your plastics. I was looking hard at the T7 this summer, was neck and neck with the CB500x. I realized I would get more use out of the more street-oriented Honda here in the upper midwest though, and the Tenere's tall seat tipped the decision for me.

N+1, maybe...

21 - 40 of 44 Posts