1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
674 Posts
nice....I have a good set of .22 handguns and rifles. people dis em but I can shoot a brick and really work on my fundamentals for the center fire guns

·
Registered
230 Posts
Been some 22 showing up a Walmart here. I walked in last Friday & bought 2 1000 round packs, for $50.87 a pack.
They had 100 round packs of Remington Golden too, but I left those for others:).
My Marlin 39 is going to be doing some talkin this weekend. I'll look like Lucas McCain. Lol.

·
Registered
674 Posts
typical...pea shooter type comments. most people think bigger is better. and I agree it would be my round of choice. at least that is what I yell during every zombie show

·
Registered
230 Posts
My only problem with using 22 for self defense is rimfire ammo isn't as reliable as centerfire ammo.
Anyone who has shot 22 to any degree has had a misfire. Yes you can restrike & most times it will fire.
Out plinking, this is just a annoyance. In a gunfight it would make for a very bad day...

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I bought my girlfriend a Ruger 10/22 for her birthday this year. It is her first firearm, and I'm a believer that anyone's first gun should be a .22. I usually wouldn't recommend a semi-auto, but in her case, I decided it would be okay. Cabela's was out of all but the pricey .22 ammo, but a shooting range/store had a good supply. Gotta love going out to shoot, and not breaking the bank.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I bought my girlfriend a Ruger 10/22 for her birthday this year. It is her first firearm, and I'm a believer that anyone's first gun should be a .22. I usually wouldn't recommend a semi-auto, but in her case, I decided it would be okay. Cabela's was out of all but the pricey .22 ammo, but a shooting range/store had a good supply. Gotta love going out to shoot, and not breaking the bank.
i may pick up a 10/22 this weekend...stainless/synthetic for $200...my nylon 66 isn't a good scoped shooter due to the receiver cover...why wouldn't you recommend a semi-auto .22 for a first rifle?...seems like most kids start with a 10/22...cheap rifle, reliable, cheap ammo, so many aftermarket parts to customize, eats anything, etc...my sr22 was the first pistol i ever bought and i'll never sell it

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Zdiver, I have just always been old school I guess. My dad taught me that way. Maybe I should re'think my logic. I have always thought about the fact that a semi-auto is ready to fire after you have a cartridge in the chamber and the weapon is cocked (if single action). When I was learning to shoot, there weren't double action semi_autos. I thought it was dangerous, I dunno. With a single action revolver you have to cock to load the next cartridge, and with a double action, the pull is noticeably harder. I was raised on bolt action rifles, and pump shotguns. Maybe I'm being silly in this day and age.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am thinking about buying his trailer in the front yard.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes. I actually wish I had not went by, too many cool things.

TexGX
He will be getting a new shipment in next month on .22LR.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Friday I am going to Prescott and do some X-mas shopping and pick up some 9mm 45cal 40sw and some 7.62x39 some good deals.J&G Sales

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I picked up a 22pistol in Virginia when I was at a reunion. Gave it to a friend to send it to me as I was flying. Went through the legal system of having it sent through a firearm dealer. OMG what a hassle. 54bucks to send it, it gets here and they wouldn't give it to me as I am an Alaskan resident and am here in Washington even though I have a concealed carry from this state. Had to go get a Washington ID, another 57bucks then back to the dealer, fill out the paperwork and hand him a 20.

What I picked up is a High Standard trophy citation. I was told they quit making the High Standard but a company in Texas is back. I am into it now for a bit over 500 with all the legal stuff, but a new one I was told is 1500.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
You don't feel that whole process was like a hindrance, an obstacle, a

....infringement on your rights, ....

....do you?
don't get me started on this one. Whoever come up with rules of engagement against crooks must have been one. Hate the thought of having a cannon in a holster on the side of my recliner, but it is getting that way in many parts of our country.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts