TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 model motor with 8600 miles,
countershaft extension
front motor mount
Clutch cable
XT stainless header
Handlebar mount choke cable
Side cover gasket.
The engine ran good, Its out of the XT I rode regularly. Expenses are forcing our hand to sell the TW so I wont need this either. Would like 1000 obo shipped (48 states). Can sip anywhere else but may affect the price. Thank you
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system

Crankset Bicycle part Groupset Bicycle chain Hand tool

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Hi SkiPro, Yep, finally got one. It is already on its way. Will be a good winter project. Been looking for a long time. Thanks.
Congrats oldworld .,...
Another big bore T-dub about to hit the trails...
Boy parts sure go fast on this forum........
mike from NC

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Ask me anything about it and I'll pass along my knowledge and lots of photos to back up.
I like that style crankcase breather.
I don't think the cylinder bolts to the crank the same as the TTR and the TW, so unlikely you can reuse the TW clutch cable. But don't worry, I have a TTR clutch cable that is of that style, angle of pull and can send to you.
Are you planning to scavenge parts off your TW or try to keep that motor intact? If you have a kicker on the TW, it will drop right in on this bike I believe. Even the clutch side cover has a plug that you only need remove as I recall.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Ask me anything about it and I'll pass along my knowledge and lots of photos to back up.
I like that style crankcase breather.
I don't think the cylinder bolts to the crank the same as the TTR and the TW, so unlikely you can reuse the TW clutch cable. But don't worry, I have a TTR clutch cable that is of that style, angle of pull and can send to you.
Are you planning to scavenge parts off your TW or try to keep that motor intact? If you have a kicker on the TW, it will drop right in on this bike I believe. Even the clutch side cover has a plug that you only need remove as I recall.

Hi Jerry, thanks for the offer. I would like to keep the Tdub motor intact, but might need to use the stator, left side cover, and possible other parts to get the xt going. Will also need an xt kick start knuckle. Already have an extra complete Tdub kick start.
Are you swapping out your Tdub motor with the TTR motor before MOAB?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Hey Oldworld, the XT kick boss (knuckle) will not work on the TW, you will need to use your TW one. The problem is that the XT one does not allow the kick lever to clear the TW's frame/foot peg mount/brake lever stuff.
Hey Oldworld, the XT kick boss (knuckle) will not work on the TW, you will need to use your TW one. The problem is that the XT one does not allow the kick lever to clear the TW's frame/foot peg mount/brake lever stuff.
Thanks Brian. That makes it simple. Aleady have it.

·
Registered
23,534 Posts
Darn, I had been enjoying teasing Oldworld with test hops on my XTTTRYFMTW mouthfuls of Yama-parts all playing together. Now he'll be the one leaving me in the dust with his clean XTTW hybrid. Lomax's motor will get a good home.

John, you planning on doing a tear-down and re-build like Mistervelocity or just stick it in there & see what happens like me? Elime's donated over-bored cylinder and Wiseco piston upped displacement from 223cc to 229cc when it came time to freshen up my top end for a 30% increase from stock's 198cc. That coupled with richer jetting and SkiPro's YFM250 head have breathed new life and a bit of excitement into Betty Boop for her 19th birthday.

Congratulations John, you're going to have fun irregardless. 😊

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Darn, I had been enjoying teasing Oldworld with test hops on my XTTTRYFMTW mouthfuls of Yama-parts all playing together. Now he'll be the one leaving me in the dust with his clean XTTW hybrid. Lomax's motor will get a good home.

John, you planning on doing a tear-down and re-build like Mistervelocity or just stick it in there & see what happens like me? Elime's donated over-bored cylinder and Wiseco piston upped displacement from 223cc to 229cc when it came time to freshen up my top end for a 30% increase from stock's 198cc. That coupled with richer jetting and SkiPro's YFM250 head have breathed new life and a bit of excitement into Betty Boop for her 19th birthday.

Congratulations John, you're going to have fun irregardless. 😊
I'll tear most of it down. Do a top end inspection and rebuild where needed. Something similar to what MisterVelocity did on his conversion. We go deep into the back country and feel it is important to have machines that are at running well. Also want to get the full potential out of the engine. New seals, gaskets, orings, etc.

Might be able to keep up with you after it is set up with a 6 speed.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
What is this, a bore measuring contest?? 🤣

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Hi Jerry, thanks for the offer. I would like to keep the Tdub motor intact, but might need to use the stator, left side cover, and possible other parts to get the xt going. Will also need an xt kick start knuckle. Already have an extra complete Tdub kick start.
Are you swapping out your Tdub motor with the TTR motor before MOAB?
Yes, I plan to swap it out before MOAB. Are you going? Soon as I get my summer projects done. Finished the pavilion today!
Plant Shade Building Wood Tree

Now on to the pavers.

I bought those parts off eBay pretty cheaply so as to keep my TW motor in one piece.
XT225 clutch side cover w/knock-out for kicker $30
XT200 push lever rod assembly So I could use the TW200 clutch cable. $15
Cylinder jug clutch cable holder for a TW200 $10
Complete kick start kit $290
TW200 intake manifold $10
2013 TW200 stator AND ignition pick-up $100
2011 TW200 stator side cover $100
I've discovered I don't need a flywheel or the starter clutch as they are the same between my TTR225 and TW200 motors.
I think that's it! You got the output shaft extender, so a good all-inclusive gasket set in case you decide to pull the head or anything, and some side cover gaskets.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yes, I plan to swap it out before MOAB. Are you going?
I bought those parts off eBay pretty cheaply so as to keep my TW motor in one piece.
I've discovered I don't need a flywheel or the starter clutch as they are the same between my TTR225 and TW200 motors.
I think that's it! You got the output shaft extender, so a good all-inclusive gasket set in case you decide to pull the head or anything, and some side cover gaskets.
SkiPro, looks like you did good on your ebay purchases. Will start looking for some of those items after the motor arrives. Need to check it out first and make a list.
About the side cover and stator. ONe needs to make sure the side cover and stator are a correct match? Aren't there different configurations on the insides of the left side cover for differnt years and stators?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yes, I plan to swap it out before MOAB. Are you going? Soon as I get my summer projects done. Finished the pavilion today!
View attachment 229789

Now on to the pavers.

Your place was already is a gem. Looks really good. Very nice project.

Can't make it to MOAB this fall. Lots of things going on. Need to ride and do other things closer to home.

Have a great trip. After what you went through with you spring trip and subsequent health mess.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
SkiPro, looks like you did good on your ebay purchases. Will start looking for some of those items after the motor arrives. Need to check it out first and make a list.
About the side cover and stator. ONe needs to make sure the side cover and stator are a correct match? Aren't there different configurations on the insides of the left side cover for differnt years and stators?
I think you are right. To that end, I bought a rotor and starter clutch. Only after I got them and compared to the one already in the TTR225 did I realize they were identical. So if you do end up needing a rotor, let me know and I'll send yo this one.
BE WARNED!
When messing with the rotor, the starter clutch has some small parts; springs, little barrels with a hole the spings fit into and some other stuff. They will fall out and they will find there what down that nasty hole in the crank below the rotor. Always, first thing to do when pulling the cover, is to shove a shop towel down that hole.

Not sure about the side cover differences, hence I got one same year as my TW200 just in case. There's a plastic piece that fits in the side cover that keeps a derailed or busted chain from busting the side cover. Most are broken and/or missing when you pull the cover. As I recall, Yamaha is very fond of them and charge a lot before letting them go. I think I fabbed one out of some plastic used on corners when banding wood so the band doesn't crush the wood corners. It may or may not work. Ha! I also plugged the oil hole on the side cover where the bearing would return oil back to the crank. Some say that's not necessary because there is no oil traversing through the drive shaft with the extender, but I try to waterproof and figure if water could possibly get in that way, it would, so I caulked it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts