TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
V-Max a Touring Bike? :laughing4: I bought the first one to hit the dealer I was working at in 1985. Great bike but needed to start looking for gas at 100 miles and rear tires usually lasted about 3k miles. They call those muscle bikes

Registered
:( going to miss that about my Vegas 8-ball. That engine was just savage. Don't get me wrong I love my new Strom and it's a better machine for most everything and far far more affordable to own and operate. Heck in stock trim it's also more comfy and easier to ride.

But that Victory 106 engine was a GEM. Massive pull from way down low building into the midrange, far more pull than the stock rear tire ever had hope of harnessing. It was fun to play with and every twist never ceased to bring a smile to my face.

Registered
My 500 CC budget/entry level sport bike was faster than all but the top 8 in this list :D I will admit that it's pretty cool how such heavy monstrosities can do sub 4's, though.

Registered
Cruisers are slower then most sporting or standard bikes. But let's be real a 500cc bike with 50 hp and 30.9lbs/TQ weighing 400lbs is still going to be slower than a 650lbs machine with a 100hp and 110lbs of tq.

I have had both smaller sporting bikes and BIG power cruisers. Both offer there own kinds of enjoyment. But I'm willing to bet my $$ on me being faster down the strip on a big power cruiser like my old Victory than I ever was on my CBf600 Honda (much quicker than the 500 ninja) even. And being back to back owning them I feel pretty confident in that. Further more I KNOW my 71hp Current Vstrom is not quite as quick as the Victory it replaced. Especially after 100km/hr were the added weight plays less into the equation.

Like I said earlier. My Stroms (owned two now) and my Honda CBF600 (an 80hp light sport touring mount) were better bikes in almost every way than the Victory but you really need to ride a bike like that to truly understand there charm. BIG Torque is addictive and is something very very few sport bikes offer in the quantities the big power cruisers offer.

Registered
That thing and the Aprilia Tuono are proof that there should be more V4s.
Yes, more v4's please!!!! i miss my old Honda V65 Sabre. I loved that v4 motor, nice smooth power all the time and once you got over 6k it went like hell. My ducati's twin is somewhere similar in that it makes tremendous power but its more brutal in its delivery than the Honda was, not at all smooth at low rpm and once you hit 6k on the tach with that thing its like someone lit an afterburner. For all intents its the same motor that is in the Diavel that is on this list.

V-Max a Touring Bike? :laughing4: I bought the first one to hit the dealer I was working at in 1985. Great bike but needed to start looking for gas at 100 miles and rear tires usually lasted about 3k miles. They call those muscle bikes
Most of the bikes on this list aren't touring bikes at all. I would consider the baggers on the list touring but everything else not so much, they are cruisers or muscle bikes.

Registered
meh...

Registered
Don't knock 'em till you ride 'em....
It was more of a "meh" because I backspaced a couple of long comments and said screw it. Feel free to delete this and my previous comment, if you want. Doesn't matter...

Registered
It was more of a "meh" because I backspaced a couple of long comments and said screw it. Feel free to delete this and my previous comment, if you want. Doesn't matter...
No worries, just suggesting you go grab a handful of Vmax if you ever have the opportunity... I'd bet you change your tune a bit...:rolleyes:

Registered
0-60 in 3-4 seconds is fun no matter the bike. My 1986 Radian is right in that range. That's one reason I haven't bought a new bike. The new bikes still perform near the same range but have more safety features. That torque feeling is different as explained above, it is fun. Mine is low torque high rev, get it over 7000 rpm and its a whole new bike but that is fun too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts