TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the weather guy said there was to be a few days of record breaking temperature I figured it'd be a good time to do a ride over to the coast via forest service roads through the mountains. From there I did have to ride HWY 101 for 50 miles or so but the ocean scenery was amazing! I took my time and investigated a lot of side roads along the way. Even with those fat side bags catching wind I was surprised to averaged over 80 mpg.

This was the maiden voyage for the racks from Tinman Tim. He did a great job on them and they worked perfect! The ride was a loop returning on more Forest service road mostly along the beautiful South Fork of the Coquille. While on these back roads I passed other cars (or logging trucks) about one every hour on average. I love this State!

165.jpg 147.jpg 156.jpg 153.jpg 158.jpg

·
Registered
503 Posts
very nice pics RDW. Glad to hear you like the racks.

just the type riding these bike are made for IMHO

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey RDW sounds like you had a great ride. Have you done any rides up to the high mountain lakes areas east of Grants pass and Rouge River? I have always wanted to do the four corners of Oregon ride but that would take a good three weeks of easy riding to get it done\, but it sure would be a ride to remember. Take care.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Have you done any rides up to the high mountain lakes areas east of Grants pass and Rouge River?"

Not yet (just got the TW last fall) but that area is on the agenda. Maybe transport the bike in the back of the pickup and set up a series of base camps to explore different area's.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
"Have you done any rides up to the high mountain lakes areas east of Grants pass and Rouge River?"

Not yet (just got the TW last fall) but that area is on the agenda. Maybe transport the bike in the back of the pickup and set up a series of base camps to explore different area's.
When you figure out a date and a starting point, whistle !

Bag

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
When the weather guy said there was to be a few days of record breaking temperature I figured it'd be a good time to do a ride over to the coast via forest service roads through the mountains. From there I did have to ride HWY 101 for 50 miles or so but the ocean scenery was amazing! I took my time and investigated a lot of side roads along the way. Even with those fat side bags catching wind I was surprised to averaged over 80 mpg.

This was the maiden voyage for the racks from Tinman Tim. He did a great job on them and they worked perfect! The ride was a loop returning on more Forest service road mostly along the beautiful South Fork of the Coquille. While on these back roads I passed other cars (or logging trucks) about one every hour on average. I love this State!

View attachment 5949 View attachment 5950 View attachment 5951 View attachment 5952 View attachment 5953
Love that Hennessy hammock! I have the explorer asym that I use with my TW and my mountain bike. Great pics.

Tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts