TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
7249556_G.jpg

That pic from the article has my mouth watering!

I don't know of any other critter with so many different names, we mostly called them crawdads back where I grew up in NC.

They are actually a big problem in some of the lakes here in AZ where they have been introduced. I bought a good sized trap last year to help do my part to clear them out! ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good morning fellows! Mr. Mud bug I live in Shreveport, home to KSLA. You must be close to me if you are in the channel 12 viewing area. We enjoyed 80 pounds of those delicious little critters last spring. I am in search of riding partners. Thanks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good morning fellows! Mr. Mud bug I live in Shreveport, home to KSLA. You must be close to me if you are in the channel 12 viewing area. We enjoyed 80 pounds of those delicious little critters last spring. I am in search of riding partners. Thanks.
Well, this mudbug is of the female variety. Lol. My hubby is lomax, which you'll see pop in to comment every now and then. Welcome to the forum! We're about an hour west of you. So is littleten. And at least one more rider we have yet to locate. By this spring, the south should be representing well. We dang sure needed more t-dubs. Thats for sure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My apologies. Thanks for the welcome. I really enjoy the forum. This place is filled with wonderful info. The South will represent. I am looking forward to meeting y'all. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
View attachment 25876

That pic from the article has my mouth watering!

I don't know of any other critter with so many different names, we mostly called them crawdads back where I grew up in NC.

They are actually a big problem in some of the lakes here in AZ where they have been introduced. I bought a good sized trap last year to help do my part to clear them out! ;)
A big problem? My oh my, how could anything that tastes this yummy ever be considered a problem. :confused: Thats like there being an over abundance of steaks and bread pudding. Smh..... Not so sure about those arizonians. :p

·
Registered
116 Posts
That is the number one thing I am missing in Arizona. There are no Cajun food places much less good places to get crawfish. I looked into having a 100lbs shipped, but it was $500. I will try again to find some this year locally. I grew up in Southeast Texas, so we crossed the border a time or two. In college the wrestling team had a contest and the looser had to drive to Houston and pick up a 100lbs for a crawfish boil. Great times.

TexGX

·
Super Moderator
4,877 Posts
We’re starting to get the little boogers over here as well – the problem being that they are not “indigenous”, dig holes in the river banks, and ambush small fish.

This has led to “control measures” being put in place – to wit, a couple of guys with rowing boats, traps, and a frying pan

Seems to be working - *burp* ………

:)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I always try and wait until later in the spring before enjoying my first crawfish of the year. I HATE when it takes thirty minutes to eat two pounds because they are tiny. This is great news! Easily my favorite beer drinking food!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is the number one thing I am missing in Arizona. There are no Cajun food places much less good places to get crawfish. I looked into having a 100lbs shipped, but it was $500. I will try again to find some this year locally. I grew up in Southeast Texas, so we crossed the border a time or two. In college the wrestling team had a contest and the looser had to drive to Houston and pick up a 100lbs for a crawfish boil. Great times.

TexGX
I feel ya. Had the same problem when i lived in colorado. I was craving southern food so bad. Lol. U couldnt get crawfish, catfish, or anything like our tex-mex. My grandma was shipping cases of tomato relish to me between trips home.
Luckily, i've got the hook up now. the lady by the beer store goes Down to south louisiana twice a wk and brings back her quota in crawfish, and if i go thru her son critter, i can reserve as much as i like. :cool: woohoo. Pretty sure i can eat my weighht in crawfish... Been trying to get lomax to enter me in one of those contests for yrs. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts