TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Joe here.

Got the bike put back together enough and tried to start her up. Had it down to the motor in the frame, cleaned it up then started re assembling after I couldn't get the swing arm pivot bolt out.

I rolled it out of my makeshift motorcycle shop/shed and put some gas in the tank, climbed aboard gave it 3 kicks and it she fired right up!

The carb was leaking gas so I pulled it off and took it apart. Thinking maybe the floats are cracked or the gasket was bad.
_MG_4162.jpg

When I jumped back on it it really felt different, sat higher and rode weird. But wow, pretty pumped that it fired right up and I could ride around straight away.

Having it start up was awesome, now the fine tuning:)

joe

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
I doubt the floats are cracked but would bet a new float needle and seat will solve the leaking. Nothing is a sweeter sound than to hear an engine roar to life after a major re-do.

Congrats!

GaryL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why so many kicks?
Because - And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt the floats are cracked but would bet a new float needle and seat will solve the leaking. Nothing is a sweeter sound than to hear an engine roar to life after a major re-do.

Congrats!

GaryL

Roger that, thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Because - And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

Amen.;)

Tom

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
I hadn't started mine in about 3 months (shame on me, I know!) and it started on kick #1! Love it.
I dragged both my TW and the XT225 out just this morning. Took the batteries off the tenders and both fired right up with just a few revolutions of the electric starters. No major winter storage prep other than pure non ethanol 91 gas and a good shot of Sea Foam in each tank back in October. Out blowing the cob webs out today in a glorious 80 degrees. Sadly, both will be on CL tomorrow after I get the pictures taken.

GaryL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts