TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I got to know the Dub real well, my wife and I spent the weekend at her Grandparents A frame cabin in Senecaville Lake. The trip was roughly 2 1/2 hours long one way (124 miles). I of coarse followed behind my wife (who has somewhat of a lead foot lol) and at times pushed the little Dub past 70 mph in small spurts and averaged about 55 to 60 mph on the straights. We traveled on Route 83 pretty much the entire way, the Dub never backed down and I do believe I see myself crossing state lines with this little beast next Summer. T Dub or nothing :icon_thumright:

Lake.JPG Fall Leaves.JPG Path.JPG Road.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ride that thang!!! I visited my parents last weekend to help my dad work on his new shop. Was 70 miles each way. Averaged around 50-55 the whole time. Half the trip was on the feeder road. Good times. An adventure for sure!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3 Tank Trip. Probably 2 Tank Ahmen's brother. :D
Your more than likely right, I was worried about running out of gas, there was some stretches where there was absolutely no gas stations or places of inhabitants. Had my wife not had our newborn in our car I think I would have trusted the dub to not run out of gas. That's my only complaint about our bikes, I would really like a gas gauge, even my King Quad has one lol.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
You have a gas guage. It's called a petcock. Pretty reliable really. Take a can of gas with you one time. Fill the bike. Run it until you hit reserve, and note the mileage. Run it on reserve until it runs out and note the additional mileage. Remember these numbers. It will vary a bit due to environmental factors, load, and speed, but it's a pretty accurate indicator. In all my years I have never wanted for a gas gauge. The reserve feature is reliable and reasonably accurate. In fact, a gauge is subject to all the considerations above too. You may know how much gas you have left, but you still need to know how far you can go on it. :D

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
And then, when you run out of gas on reserve, don't forget to tip the bike over on its left side and dump the gas from the right side of the bottom of the gas tank over to the left side where the petcock is. Ta Da! You can now go for a few more miles. ;)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I thought there'd be at least a bunt from Tom.
Sorry Borneo I missed it. Been working to much and my mind isn't very sharp at the moment.

Tom

Reactions: Borneo

·
Registered
20,489 Posts
Went right over my head too Borneo. That was too far out in left field for me.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Reactions: Borneo
1 - 20 of 20 Posts