TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 years ago this week, Montezuma and I headed 100 miles north to Maumee{Toledo} to Honda East to pick up a new 2014 TW that I had ordered a couple of weeks earlier...I pulled a few thousand out of my savings for a 65th Birthday Present for Myself....6400 miles, 3 years, and turning 68 tomorrow, I have zero regrets that I decided to get back into riding after taking 25 years or so off to help the wife raise the family, without killing myself {which I had came close to doing on a few occasions} on a street bike. I started out dual sport, graduated to fast bikes, slowed down a bit in my mid 30s and finally gave it up for well over 2 decades....when I decided to get back into Motorcycles I knew it would be mostly off road or back roads...and glad I did just that:;)

Moab, Big Bend, Mountains of West Virginia, The Great Lakes, as well as all around Ohio and Indiana, hopefully are just the beginning....and a Salute to all of the friends, including some gone from this site, that helped along the way....:headbang:

So here's to 3 years and hopefully a few more, of being back in the Saddle:

March 2014....

tw200 006.JPG tw200 007.JPG tw first ride 004.JPG

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Nice! I for one am glad you didn't kill yourself! Keep up the good work! You add a lot to all the forums, list, etc.. :)

Happy Birthday in advance!

3 years ago this week, Montezuma and I headed 100 miles north to Maumee{Toledo} to Honda East to pick up a new 2014 TW that I had ordered a couple of weeks earlier...I pulled a few thousand out of my savings for a 65th Birthday Present for Myself....6400 miles, 3 years, and turning 68 tomorrow, I have zero regrets that I decided to get back into riding after taking 25 years or so off to help the wife raise the family, without killing myself {which I had came close to doing on a few occasions} on a street bike. I started out dual sport, graduated to fast bikes, slowed down a bit in my mid 30s and finally gave it up for well over 2 decades....when I decided to get back into Motorcycles I knew it would be mostly off road or back roads...and glad I did just that:;)

Moab, Big Bend, Mountains of West Virginia, The Great Lakes, as well as all around Ohio and Indiana, hopefully are just the beginning....and a Salute to all of the friends, including some gone from this site, that helped along the way....:headbang:

So here's to 3 years and hopefully a few more, of being back in the Saddle:

March 2014....

View attachment 87057 View attachment 87065 View attachment 87073

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good you have enjoyed it and found the right bike. Thanks for the post. I think I have convince my father to get a TW so we can do an adventure ride together. I hope he enjoys the bike a much a we all do. And happy Birthday. Any new TW related gifts this year?
Not really on the "New" gifts, but a replacement tire for both the Mich T63 on the front and the Stock Rear Tire are in the cards....and I need to fix the welds on the Man~Rack....at both Moab and Big Bend while carrying a Roto~Pack with 2 gallons of fuel, the welds broke...Moab was caused by a fall, following Fred up Mount Nowhere and the again at Big Bend due to bouncing on rough terrain ... So you can see my needs are few, I am pretty happy with the results of the {Mostly} stock 2014 :p

·
Registered
928 Posts
That blue & black really is one of the nicest looking bikes out there. :) Happy birthday and congratulations for rediscovering the joys of being back in the saddle.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Happy birthday Hoot BANdit ��
Funny you should say that Admiral...since I was banned from Facebook last night for 30 days for daring to call Snoop Dogg exactly what he was and what his pitiful supporters are....:adjoint: Of course I have 2 separate accounts that the Mark Suckerberg's Nazi Patrol have not figured out ...:rolleyes-new:

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
Funny you should say that Admiral...since I was banned from Facebook last night for 30 days for daring to call Snoop Dogg exactly what he was and what his pitiful supporters are....:adjoint: Of course I have 2 separate accounts that the Mark Suckerberg's Nazi Patrol have not figured out ...:rolleyes-new:
I had read that which is why I used BANdit. That and your Advrider ban. :p I'll admit, you are the first person I've ever heard get banned from Faceplant ha ha.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts