TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha TW200
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2022 TW200. At 300 miles, I decided to change my oil and filter with Yamalube 10w-40, change my pilot jet to a 34, unscrew the pilot screw 2 3/4 out, lube the chain up, add a sae charging port, check all the nuts & bolts and clean it up a little. I bought 2 oil filters before I realized they are cleanable & reusable, unless damaged. The replacement OEM filter is pleated, and the one in the bike is flat (I've added photos). Bike is running so much better with the larger jet, thanks @Ski Pro 3 for the recommendations. Anyway, here's some photos.
Glove Safety glove Gesture Finger Automotive tire
Jeans Water Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface
Hood Tints and shades Liquid Gas Bumper
Hand Household hardware Wood Finger Thumb

·
Registered
22,193 Posts
Good progress. Debris on filters is normal at 300 miles. Fear not, debris loading will rapidly decline as engine flushes out manufacturing and break-in waste.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Keep all of your oil filters. Put a new one in. When you feel like it clean the old one. Now your ready for the next oil change with a clean filter waiting. I keep my cleaned oil filter in a zip sandwich back in the oil filter box so I know its good to go.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha TW200
33 Posts
Keep all of your oil filters. Put a new one in. When you feel like it clean the old one. Now your ready for the next oil change with a clean filter waiting. I keep my cleaned oil filter in a zip sandwich back in the oil filter box so I know its good to go.
That is some good advice! I bought a new one to do my first oil change as well and then realized they are reusable. But I like this idea! Thank you.

Reactions: Ken
1 - 6 of 6 Posts