1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi littletommy: And they call the front TW tire the "DeathWing". I think the Angels and Demons are getting ready for this one.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi littletommy: And they call the front TW tire the "DeathWing". I think the Angels and Demons are getting ready for this one.
I'd be tempted to open it up like I did on the original Kawasaki's! Lot of power here!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'd be tempted to open it up like I did on the original Kawasaki's! Lot of power here!
Way back in the late 70's I ended up in the Atlanta, Ga. area with my girlfriend visiting one of her sisters. At the time he, her sister's #1 had a Kawasaki 750 with a race/3/4 race in it. I took that bike out on the Georgia Hwy.(Don't know if it was the Beltway) and at the time I had a fair amount of experience with bikes, but back then power was nothing like today. I was cruising about 60+ and said "what the F... and down shifted and cracked the throttle. My first plus 60 wheelly. By the time I got any of my wits together I was 100+ and going. The bikes today are awesome and need a great deal of respect in approaching.

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Way back in the late 70's I ended up in the Atlanta, Ga. area with my girlfriend visiting one of her sisters. At the time he, her sister's #1 had a Kawasaki 750 with a race/3/4 race in it. I took that bike out on the Georgia Hwy.(Don't know if it was the Beltway) and at the time I had a fair amount of experience with bikes, but back then power was nothing like today. I was cruising about 60+ and said "what the F... and down shifted and cracked the throttle. My first plus 60 wheelly. By the time I got any of my wits together I was 100+ and going. The bikes today are awesome and need a great deal of respect in approaching.
I've done the same thing....ha ha LOL

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
If I were rich... Oh the toys I'd buy and the things I'd build!

Kawasaki sure has a knack for building things people want. :cool: It still won't compete with custom builds for straight line speed (although it will come close!), but it should be an absolute dream on a track - where it's meant to be. Now they need to hurry off and finish their KLX 300 dual sport project - I'd bet money that this or something close is in the works right now.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Wonder what the insurance rate is going to be on the street legal one? I'm thinking if you have to ask you can't afford it!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Meanwhile, over at BMW...things haven't exactly been stagnant. Remember that this motor is still naturally aspirated - impressive!

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/bmws-fast-bike-just-got-190038454.html

It's still unbelievable to me how BMW so handily dispatched all the Japanese makers with not only their very first version of this bike, but also their very first EVER "real" supersport motorcycle! And they are easily staying at the top of the pack (maybe the street legal H2 will change that...albeit likely at a much loftier price-point).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts