TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2007 TW with the newer carb. Does anyone know the correct size of cap head screws to replace the float bowl screws with? I'm going to rejet my TW and want to ditch the JIS screws.

Researching rejetting, I've found some people say the #34 pilot is a bit too rich, but the stock #31 is a bit too lean. Doing a little digging I found that Yamaha has a #32 pilot for a Raptor 90 that uses a smaller 22mm TK carb. Has anyone tried it? I ordered one up as well as a #34. I figure for a few bucks it's worth a shot.

The part number on the #32 is 43D-E4342-16-00.

Thanks!
Doc

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I just purchased a 2007 TW with the newer carb. Does anyone know the correct size of cap head screws to replace the float bowl screws with? I'm going to rejet my TW and want to ditch the JIS screws. .....
Doc

These are anodized M4 bolts, You may want to try SS bolts.

The #34 pilot jet is a bit rich, but I prefer running rich.

Have not tried the #32.

Let us know how it works.

jb

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

These are anodized M4 bolts, You may want to try SS bolts.

The #34 pilot jet is a bit rich, but I prefer running rich.

Have not tried the #32.

Let us know how it works.

jb
Thanks jbfla! That exactly what I was looking for!

I'll let you know on the #32. With all the knowledge here I find it hard to believe no one has found this jet. So I'm guessing it might be called a #32 but because it's for the smaller 22mm TK carb it's either not the right jet for our carbs or isn't really sized between our #31 and #34. But like I said for a few bucks it's worth a look.

Doc

·
Registered
66 Posts
Impex Japan
Jet, Pilot (# 32)
.ジエツト,パイロツト ; # 32
5LB-14342-16-00 1 — JP¥2,299
US$20.88
Shipping cost
JP¥2,000 (US$18.17)
This is the only place I've found it, let us know if 43D-E4342-16-00 fits.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Impex Japan
Jet, Pilot (# 32)
.ジエツト,パイロツト ; # 32
5LB-14342-16-00 1 — JP¥2,299
US$20.88
Shipping cost
JP¥2,000 (US$18.17)
This is the only place I've found it, let us know if 43D-E4342-16-00 fits.
I'll update this thread when it comes in. Supposedly the #32 pilot was in stock but I also ordered the Australian / South African needle and they are saying 2-3 days to ship that. So that will probably delay the entire shipment and hopefully they are being honest about 2-3 days.

Doc

·
Registered
303 Posts
My TW came to me with a 32.5 jet, which to me is perfect. It starts no-choke and idles almost immediately if ambient temp is above 70 or so, and runs cleanly at low rpm chugging through the woods. There's no manufacturer stamp and 32.5 isn't a TK size, so I'm guessing it must be a generic or came in one of the jet kits. Keihin's often use the ".5" sizes, and Keihin/TK jets use the same sizing scale (mikuni and dynojet do not).

My last TW I also had perfectly good results with the stock pilot and just giving it another turn or so on the fuel screw, it also started easily with no choke in the summer and ran crisply at low speed. I haven't tried a 34, but I suspect you could get good results with it as well just by closing in the fuel screw a bit more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The jets show up and that #32 looks just like the #34. So it's physically the same jet. I don't have a pin gauge set to try to determine the difference in size but I have no reason to believe this #32 wouldn't be between our stock #31 and the #34 most people go with that is a bit too rich.

I'm going to pull the carb tonight, throw in the #32 pilot, #130 main, shim the needle, replace the float bowl screws and pull off the fuel screw plug. I'll post my results with the #32 as soon as I can get it done and ride it.

Doc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I pulled the stock #31 jet and holding it up to the light next to the #32 and #34 I can tell the #32 is bigger then the #31 and smaller than the #34. So it appears to be the right jet. I put it in along with the #130 main and 0.040" of shims under the needle. The bike runs really well. I initially set the fuel screw to 2.5 turns out but settled on 2 turns out for the best off-idle throttle response when warmed up.

Starting the bike with a cold motor with an ambient temp of 80 requires half choke. Full choke would start but you could tell that was too much because it would stumble a little bit.. I personally think that's perfect. People were saying the bike starts on a cold motor with no choke with a #34 and that's too rich.

I'll probably summarize this in it's own post to let everyone know a #32 pilot is available so they don't have to search for / dig through this thread to find it.

Doc

·
Registered
64 Posts
While the 34 is diffinetly richer than stoich, I get the highest idle speed with it at about 1.5-2 turns out. Being slightly rich also helps keep the head temp down.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Doc d what altitude are you are at? Did you know you can rotate the carb after unhooking the throttle to change jets and shim the needle with out removing the carb? Thanks for finding that pilot jet. One more tool in the quiver.

·
Registered
19,405 Posts
All jetting is somewhat dependent on elevation as well as temperature and humidity so recommendations are more helpful if they include info on author's riding environment.
Location can make a difference in fuel quality too. For example California's oxygenated fuels give a bit less performance due to the alcohol content. My bikes runn differently depending on whether I fill with oxygenated or "normal" pure gasoline.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Doc d what altitude are you are at? Did you know you can rotate the carb after unhooking the throttle to change jets and shim the needle with out removing the carb? Thanks for finding that pilot jet. One more tool in the quiver.
I'm in S.E. Michigan. It's approximately 900 feet ASL here.

I pulled the entire carb the first time just to make it easier to work on and in case it looked like it needed cleaning when I opened it up. But thanks for the tip about not having to remove it. My Australian needle just came in and I'll probably be pulling the stock shimmed needle so I can compare their taper and decide which to use. Rotating the carb will save me a few minutes.

I did also get a #34 pilot. The #32 seems about perfect to me, but I might throw the #34 in there just to check it out.

Doc

·
Registered
66 Posts
I tried a #31 and motor dies at 1 turn out, #32 about 3/4 and #34 when almost closed. Has anyone measured our oem jets, #34=.34mm and so on? Trying a #32 now and starts without choke but unlike #34 a little cold blooded at 50-60, but crisp when warm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"I think we are all Bozos on this bus"
"Don't squash that dwarf and hand me the pliers"
"Take off your shoes for INDUSTRY!"
"Shoes for INDUSTRY, shoes for the DEAD"
"Squeeze the wheeze? Many people like to"
"More sugar!"

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts