TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got done with updating my TW200 headlight. I hated the way the old headlight fairing looked and it was bugging me. So, I decided to test out a new setup and made a video for other people to follow along.

Essentially what I did was take a cheap eBay headlight and LED conversion (H4) bulb and retrofit it to my dinosaur looking bike. I think it looks great now.

Video:

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
You selected a good LED design with the three chip pylons rather than just one or two like the early H4.
The heat glue may soften from waste heat coming off the bulb, the fan cools things somewhat but things still get warm.
Hopefully you can get good adjustable beam aiming without much effort.
Looks nice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At this point, so far so good. No complaints from other drivers. The hi/lo functionality and the angle of the headlight have proven to not a problem. That being said, it is bright as F if you forget the high beam on... it's definitely blinding oncoming drivers on HI BEAM. But, that is with any light.

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
The extra light sure can be both a safety and entertainment improvement on a dark country lane or trail, someplace where Hi-beams rule and there is no one to offend.
Make us a night video? Not just of a garage wall as I usually don't ride inside garages but hopefully out away from other light sources.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts