TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Dixie Valley region should be fun in either vehicle, both seem well suited for what you're talking about. Plus this time of year you can sure beat the heat of a Nevada summer. Stay the extra day perhaps,as there is likely more than 2 days worth exploring.

Some friends were also hoping for one more outing over the holiday weekend but I fear the lakeside camp I proposed might be considered a bit too cold. boca-plane.jpg

Maybe NVCowboy's looking for an excuse to get out of town. Can't be more than three TW tankfulls between base of the Ruby Mountains and Ski Pro's stock tank.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Fred------ maybe some friends got to fat over the summer and can't fit into their winter gear? It could happen. Check the air, check the oil, check the gas, check the calories! Dirts a Flyen SanDue :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Dan, I bought a fat man snow suit for the Sweetwater trip's 20 to 40 degree riding.
The lake really shouldn't be frozen yet, I'll go check out this lakeside camp today. Boca.jpg

While cold it could be scenic sitting around the fire as the sun goes down. boca sunset.jpg

Or just bring the fishing pole. This guy was caught a stone's throw from camp. Boca fish.jpg
Or we face reality and just wait until next year.:(

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Dixie Valley weather forecast for the holiday weekend:

0%
NNE 6 mph29%
FRI

NOV 9
Sunny56[SUP]°[/SUP]27[SUP]°[/SUP]
0%
NNW 4 mph22%
SAT

NOV 10
Sunny57[SUP]°[/SUP]30[SUP]°[/SUP]
0%
N 5 mph21%
SUN

NOV 11
Sunny58[SUP]°[/SUP]31[SUP]°[/SUP]
0%
N 4 mph27%
MON

NOV 12
Partly Cloudy60[SUP]°[/SUP]32[SUP]°[/SUP]
0%
N 4 mph29%

Sunrise about 6:37 and sunset about 4:50

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
I think I will wait for warmer weather. My skinny ass can't take it when the temps go down and heat doesn't bother me all that much. Thanks for the forecast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts