TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
I wanted to order a Prusa back in December, but couldn't take the long wait time, so ended up with an Ender, which has not been my friend so far. Hopefully it is user error and we can work together better in the future. But I could probably have the Prusa by now if I would have been patient.

Thanks for posting the headlight file.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome! I was searching for some solution to swapping out the stock headlight on my son's 87 TW that I'm in the process of restoring. I'm printing two tonight, one for my red 87 and one for his blue 87. I had to join to say thank you.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum! Be careful with the `87 though, they have an oddball AC circuit that may or may not work with some lights. As for the print, glad you like. It's a snug fit but does the trick. It helps to remove the rubber dampeners/isolators from the mounting ears when you're cramming it in there.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ahhhh... You allow the TW200 to accept the headlight it should have accepted from the factory.

Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is the light I'm using for the moment, but that's just because it's what I had laying around. It should fit most (if not all?) 4x6 headlights though.

I'll likely be doing another model that will be a full replacement bezel/frame/adjuster to fit a 5x7 for more options (mostly so I can fit a Trucklite 5x7, as I've become rather fond of their LEDs). I also have bezels modeled around Trucklite 7" round and 4" fog, but I'm holding off on finishing these until I find a TW roller for a more street/cafe oriented custom.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rather pleased with how it turned out. Also got the mount for the Zumo XT installed/wired, an additional yellow light bar because "I didn't see you!", a new horn, relocated the battery tender/charger lead to behind the headlight fairing and used a 5pin relay to have it disconnect the charger plug and connect the GPS/USB charging port/LED light bar relay when I turn the ignition on so I don't run the risk of sucking too much current through the tender if I try to start it while it's still plugged in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very cool and thank you very much! I'd love to thank you more than this reply! I Like your tw200 site. Fun cool stuff.
The bracket is much much better than the overpriced and resold headlights.
For my headlight I had to trim the corners a bit, because the headlight has sharper corners/ smaller radius. The one I bought is this: 4x6" Motorcycle LED Headlight DOT DRL Hi-Lo Sealed Beam for Honda XR Suzuki DRZ | eBay

How come this thread isnt more popular?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very cool and thank you very much! I'd love to thank you more than this reply! I Like your tw200 site. Fun cool stuff.
The bracket is much much better than the overpriced and resold headlights.
For my headlight I had to trim the corners a bit, because the headlight has sharper corners/ smaller radius. The one I bought is this: 4x6" Motorcycle LED Headlight DOT DRL Hi-Lo Sealed Beam for Honda XR Suzuki DRZ | eBay

How come this thread isnt more popular?
Looking good! And I'm glad you like the site/toys/stuff. Do you have measurements off that light? I only had two 4x6 here to test with, and while they all differ a bit on the face, I'd swear they came from the same factory as yours. I can adjust the model as needed.

As for popularity, 3D printing isn't quite as common as the microwave oven, yet...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd say leave the model as it is. Better to take off some material than have a loose fit. I didn't take off more than a mm. The rear part fits 100%, the front part had this problem. Overall it fits, but the plexi of the headlight did collide in the corners.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts