TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
groupshot.jpg

We will be riding on Saturday and Sunday (4/2 & 4/3) in memory of Russ Austin AKA Lizrdbrth
Our rides will start at 9:00am each day from the parking lot of Living Waters Spa (13340 Mountain View Rd. Desert Hot Springs, CA).

RussPlaque.jpg RussMemorial.jpg

On Saturday we'll visit our memorial to Russ and pay our respects then head off to Joshua Tree via Berdoo Canyon Rd. While we've done this road before the spring rains have altered the path! (not to mention we should see some wild flowers) We'll exit the park and eat a late lunch. BTW, the price to ride in Joshua Tree is now $10.00 so plan ahead.

On Sunday we will do a ride to the Whitewater Preserve via dirt roads through the windmills after first exploring a "secret place" that holds a legendary spot in skateboard history (yes, skateboard!).

Facebookers can go here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/467585590038293/

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...bump...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This coming weekend (April 2 & 3) is shaping up to be GREAT weather wise. There is no doubt we'll see some desert wild flowers. The path up Berdoo Canyon has been altered by prior rains and there are a couple of more challenging points...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking forward to meeting you MidnightRider! We have a group of wonderful folks this weekend for you to meet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Disappointed that work is keeping me from joining you all again this year. That was a great weekend ride last year up Berdoo Canyon and riding across the desert.
I was looking forward to another one.

Be Safe & have Fun! Hopefully I'll make it to Santa Maria this year and see you all there!

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
safe ride this weekend ladies and gentlemen.
rubber side down.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
674 Posts
Jeff, is anyone planning on having the 3rd annual Russ Austin Memorial gathering in Santa Margarita, CA. this June or July ?

We had a great time last year, and......if I thought that this past weekend ride in the Desert Ride was going to be THEE one and only Russ Austin Memorial ride this year....a think a LOT more of us would have attended.
I hope so. Last years ride is when I got the misfit infection!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ronnydog, Purple (Ginamarie) and Mel are working on the dates. I just hope it isn't June 11th...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts