TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very seriously considering a 4.1 gallon Clark tank for my TW.
I have been trying to do the research but little is available regarding
our tdubs.
Do any members here have a 4.1 Clark tank?
If so
How is the quality fit and finish ?
We're you able to obtain a factory quality installation ? If so how?
We're you able to get the seat to fit well ? If so how ?
We're you able to get a good fit for the side covers? If so how?
Are you happy with the product ?
Would you post pics of your T-dub with the 4.1 gallon tank
I hate to be a pain in the ....well you know by asking so many questions on this forum.
Info on these bikes is limited and the trial and error system is very expensive...
It has been a long time since I have done a bike build and I am now working in a gravel
Driveway instead of a shop...
I may have bitten off more then I can chew.......LOL
I have already made a few mistakes...
This build is stretching the budget to the very limit and I can't afford to make any more..
Thank you in advance for any help or information you may provide
mike

Reactions: Jon62602

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hello Workingman. I recently installed a 4.1 gal Clarke tank on my bike and did it a bit differently than others have. You can check out the detailed install by going to:

Let me know if you have any questions. i might be able to help in your installation. Have already ridden about 200 miles of trails and it has performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
20,485 Posts
Oldworld's thread covers most of the basics for doing it right.
I would summarize answer to all the questions with a categorial "NO, not unless you are willing to take the time to finesse things a bit"
I have seen a variety of approachers for some very good re-doing of the seat pan for a better fit. Same for the side panels.
The front ends of my side panels are connected to each other by soft copper wire which pulls the ends in towards engine & away from snagging. The wire permits easy no-tool removal. Bare wire goes through a small hole at front of panel & is then bent back 180 degrees pulling in and fixing panel in the desired location.
The other bike has the metal xt225 tank and uses rare earth magnets to hold panel tips in contact with tank.
mr.Gizmo paint4e80a5c6ad88b7e64d35.jpg

Reactions: buellzebub

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
done on a gravel driveway with a few hand tools. there are a few threads that describe the challenges. this is not a show bike so fit and finish is up to the fabricator. tank has flaws as well reported.... I am happy with it and gained the range I needed for where I live and ride
TW @ lookout.jpg

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Workingman. I recently installed a 4.1 gal Clarke tank on my bike and did it a bit differently than others have. You can check out the detailed install by going to:

Your tank and custom seat turned out great

Let me know if you have any questions. i might be able to help in your installation. Have already ridden about 200 miles of trails and it has performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Your tank and custom seat turned out awesome. ! ! !
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts