TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am planning the trip of a lifetime to celebrate my upcoming retirement. My brother-in-law and I were building 2 T Dubs to do the trans American trail in 2022 or 2023. After following several rider blogs we have decided to shift gears and do a 4 corners tour.

For those of you who don't know what that is, a 4 corners ride is a loop of the US. Key West to the top of Maine, to the top of Washington, to the bottom of Cali, then back to Florida. We plan on fitting 80% street tires and using secondary roads.

Yes, there are better bikes to do this with. My bro and i are accomplished motorcyclists and have extensively toured. He has a gold wing and I used to have an st1300. Thats the point, we want to do this on small bikes. We will take at least 30 days and we will see far more of the county on slow roads.

We plan to document our journey on youtube with a gopro and drone. It would be fun to meet up with other dub owners and ride lmsections of the trip with them. We will also be seeking sponsorship.

Are we nuts? Probably a little, but thats OK. 👌

·
Super Moderator
18,912 Posts
I'll sponsor a hundred bucks towards this trip just let me know where to send it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hi all. I am planning the trip of a lifetime to celebrate my upcoming retirement. My brother-in-law and I were building 2 T Dubs to do the trans American trail in 2022 or 2023. After following several rider blogs we have decided to shift gears and do a 4 corners tour.

For those of you who don't know what that is, a 4 corners ride is a loop of the US. Key West to the top of Maine, to the top of Washington, to the bottom of Cali, then back to Florida. We plan on fitting 80% street tires and using secondary roads.

Yes, there are better bikes to do this with. My bro and i are accomplished motorcyclists and have extensively toured. He has a gold wing and I used to have an st1300. Thats the point, we want to do this on small bikes. We will take at least 30 days and we will see far more of the county on slow roads.

We plan to document our journey on youtube with a gopro and drone. It would be fun to meet up with other dub owners and ride lmsections of the trip with them. We will also be seeking sponsorship.

Are we nuts? Probably a little, but thats OK. 👌 View attachment 207667
You are celebrating a huge event retirement
Why not do both
Four corners and the TAT ? ?
I hope to do the same in 2023....
Mike from N.C

·
Registered
956 Posts
That's awesome, I'd love to help out as well, when you start discussing segments, let me know about Washington I'm in Tacoma and could join you for a segment of Washington on bike or support vehicle, as well as provide cold beer/grape juice if you just want to stop and grab a cold one!

Have you guys put together a gofundme?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to come up with a name for this endeavor. I will take suggestions and the winner will get a tee shirt. Did I mention we will be doing tee shirts?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m in Salem oregon, I can provide any assistance you need. Moral, emotional, maybe a contribution for food and fuel!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I need to come up with a name for this endeavor. I will take suggestions and the winner will get a tee shirt. Did I mention we will be doing tee shirts?
I was thinking of a baseball reference like:
"Riding 'Round the Horn"

Since 'around the horn' refers to 4 points - after a strike out, catcher (home) throws to third, who throws to second, who throws to first.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Chase crew standing by in NW Oregon and SW Washington. The Oregon coast south bound with the NW wind at your back is an awesome trip.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If y’all come through central Mississippi I’ve got a pit crew.If we can’t fix it will fix it where it can’t be fixed.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ahhh….saw you post on Facebook as well. Sounds like an awesome trip!!

In Jax, FL.....could ride with you if you're passing through.

Reactions: Gullyjumper

·
Registered
961 Posts

Are we nuts? Probably a little, but thats OK. 👌 View attachment 207667
Do you gentleman have room for one more in this group ride ?
A small heard of mighty goats roaming this great country...
Sounds like a winner to me....,

Reactions: Gullyjumper

·
Registered
‘04 TW200, Jets+Shims, DGV2, S-moto fender, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS DOT LED BLK, Moose Rack
197 Posts
Where is the starting point. I'm retired too.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
I’m picturing Forrest Gump’s running across the USA scene, where hundreds of randoms just started running with him, except in my version, Forrest & everyone else are on TDubs!

(Same scraggly beards, though).

You got a bike and a dream. Might as well dream BIG!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts