TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
That looks like a fun ride! And my compliments to the camera man who was able to ride backwards and film while blazing the trail!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be in the hiawasee area this next week and hope to have time to ride a bit if anyone will be in the area.

I've not ridden it yet, but apparently Tatham Gap Road between Andrews and Robbinsville, is quite popular with Dual Sporters.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
"search party from the retirement home", "chainsawbob", that stuff is funny. Maybe when you lost'em that's when one of them fell. Course you still have to catch it on camera to count. Looked like a nice place to ride.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Hey Twisty,

Nice ride. Might have joined you, except for the Sunday morning part, and that I'm in FL for a week.

Xracer and Barnone (from this forum) and I rode Tatum Gap a couple of years ago. Not too bad, but it's not exactly next door to Ellijay or Hiawassee.

I'm about an hour's ride from the Andrews end of the trail if you decide to give it a try.

Oh... did Greg go along on the ride?

jb

·
Registered
68 Posts
... Oh... did Greg go along on the ride?

jb

Yep, I was there, JB.

TWisty has the red bed roll on the front. (He needs a nap every now and then!) Those were 25 very entertaining miles, deep in the Cohutta Wilderness.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Me and a friend are going up in mid september and would like to do this ride. Where does Hells Holler begin and end? I'm somewhat familiar with the Blairsville area.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Me and a friend are going up in mid september and would like to do this ride. Where does Hells Holler begin and end? I'm somewhat familiar with the Blairsville area.

TWiumph tracked the ride.

I'm sure a PM to him will somehow get you the coordinates.

Starting in the vicinity of McCayesville GA, it basically runs from the dead end of Hells Hollow county road, across wilderness, to join FS 22 which runs north up into TN, or south toward Lake Conasauga and Ellijay. Beasley Knob between Blairsville and Blue Ridge also provides challenging rides.

Both TWiumph and I are novice dirt riders. Our "leader" CHAINSAW BOB has lived here most of his life and knows thousands of miles of trails. Bob is what you would call an "enthusiast". He's 72, and he just got back from two weeks of DS riding in Colorado/Utah, including a +13,000 ascent near Ouray. However, Bob was also a state champion moto-crosser back in his day, so he cuts back his pace several notches on our behalf.

Bob has a youtube channel of his rides here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/honorenichols

·
Registered
701 Posts
Now thats my kind of motorcycle gang!

Nice day, nice bikes, nice ride. Big thumbs up to all 4 of you, and I hope to see that part of the country (on a TW, of course) someday!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts