TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of us who have been wishing for a little more horsepower for our beloved steeds, there is some good news. Starting April 1, there will be 2 versions of the TW. The TW200 and the TW450. I want to be the first to get one. This is not a rumor. Google it for yourself!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i was hoping for a 350, but woo hoo!!! i even like the new color scheme!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
LOL, good one!

·
Registered
20,465 Posts
I think Yamaha plans to deliver TW 450 to your front door using these:

Reactions: BikeNerd21

·
Registered
20,465 Posts
And for you folks who do not to tow boat behind RV there is this:

·
Registered
20,465 Posts
well Wildcat, how about on top of the water? "The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming" April Fools, Friends:

·
Registered
13,783 Posts
Few years back, Truelight had a good April Fools gag with the new TW200 5 gal tank I believe. These are funny!

·
Registered
20,465 Posts
Is this the new TW's powerplant ?

·
Registered
20,465 Posts
Maybe mounted in this chassis? Notice how few give it a second glance?

Reactions: trailscout

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
What really bothers me about the TW450 is that actual engine displacement is only 438cc, why call it a 450. Misleading advertising IMO.

·
Registered
603 Posts
There is no such thing as a TW450 and there never will be. TW450 is a clear example of an oxymoron.

While riding a KLX300, I waited around 10-12 years or so for a KLX450. Be careful what you pray for. For me, the KLX300 is better than the KLX450.

I like my (somewhat modified) TW200 which shall remain a 200.

My 1 1/2 cents of jesting for today.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You got me hook, line, and sinker. I'm kinda glad, though. Really wasn't ready to start dumping money into a new bike when I already have so much sunk into my TDub. Guess I'll have to keep drafting behind Honda Civics to keep up with traffic.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Never will be a factory TW450 unless new tires are developed. There would be a liability issue with a street-legal motorcycle capable of sustained speeds greater than the rating of the tires mounted on it. Worse, the entire frame, suspension, and brakes would have to be worked from scratch as a 450 would seriously challenge the capabilities of those components. Besides, you have no idea how twitchy the 200 gets at 80+mph. No, you don't want to know. Trust me on that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts