TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to be a fun event...held in Portland, Oregon. I found the thread on advrider.com for last year's event and it looks like a blast. In fact, my buddies and I started (respectfully) exploring alleyways and such all around Salem and have found some fun places to go... plus some neat urban obstacles.

We are hoping to get all four of us TW200 guys from Salem up to the event... It's about 50 miles north on the Interstate (I-5), so we haven't decided if we can safely go that far since the speed limit is 65 and most people are doing 70-80mph. We may just trailer up there...

Anyway, it'd be great to see more T-dubs owners there... here's some info:

Event holder's website:

http://sang-froidridingclub.com/

ADV thread:

http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=664395

·
Registered
264 Posts
I looked at their site and didn't see any Info on there to meet, am I just a dumb-ass? Can I join the T-Dub gang, and ride with you guys?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the organizer's info on their website / calendar:

http://sang-froidrid...b.com/calendar/

But it doesn't say location and time yet. I hope that's announced. Otherwise, we'll meet where they did last year. That info is on last year's ADVrider thread.

EDIT: Meeting location and time from last year's event:

"That Saturday, March 26, we hit the streets and muddy alleys of Portland, seeking adventure and avoiding territorial gardeners, on our Alley Sweeper Urban Enduro. Meet up at See See (611 N. Tillamook) at nine a.m. for free coffee – we’ll head out at ten. You don’t need knobbies to have fun on this ride, but if you got ‘em, spoon ‘em on! The ride is free."

Here's a link to our local offroad website's planning thread:

http://www.midvalley...highlightmode=1

You can definitely ride up with us!!! However, if weather sucks, we're gonna try to trailer up there. We're still working out the details of that scenario as I don't think we can get all of us on one trailer.

If we do ride, it will be up Hwy99E or Hwy99W. Definitely not going that far on I-5. Not on T-dubs.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ya, I'll either trailer up, or buy a hitch carrier I've had my eye on. Too long of a ride from eugene on the Tdub, if I have to be there at 9am. I'd have to leave at 5:30, not gonna happen. I'll definitely want to meet up with the salem contingent when I get there. Gonna be fun!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like fun. You guys ever run into any legal issues?

This will be the first time that we've attended this event up in Portland. I can tell you that we've had no issues running most all the alley ways in Salem. However, I can only imagine that 50+ motorcycles riding through unpaved alleyways all over Portland will probably upset a few land owners. But they are public right of ways and I think most participants are respectful... I haven't heard of any real issues from previous years... There have been stories of many thumbs up, waves, and occasional brassieres being tossed onto riders...

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya, I'll either trailer up, or buy a hitch carrier I've had my eye on. Too long of a ride from eugene on the Tdub, if I have to be there at 9am. I'd have to leave at 5:30, not gonna happen. I'll definitely want to meet up with the salem contingent when I get there. Gonna be fun!

Sounds Good. Look forward to meeting with you and riding the "Alley Sweeper" with so many T-dubs!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have a group of at least 5 bikes in the Salem area that are going to ride up. We'll be taking back roads from Salem to the meeting location in SE Portland. Probably leave sometime between 8am and 830am. And probably going to meet at my house in NE Salem. If anyone wants to join us, let me know via this thread or PM, or email, or call: 503*881*4606.

Chip - If you are still going, you can trailer your bike up to Salem and ride with us, or we can catch up with you at the meeting location in Portland.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATED PLANS:

Date: April 7th, 2012

Meeting place: my home in NE Salem. (let me know via PM or email if ya need the address)

Meeting time: 8am

Departure time: 8:30am

Route: TBD (most likely through Silverton or Canby, to Oregon City, and backroads to SE Portland meeting location)

Destination: 5902 SE Foster Rd Portland, OR 97206

Attending:

Me (TW200)

Pooh (DRZ400)

Chris (TW200)

Bagwell (TW200)

Val (DRZ400)

David (DRZ400?) - maybe meet us in Oregon City?

Eric P. (BMW GS800F) <-- Hey Eric, wanna trade bikes?

Chip W.? - Eugene, OR (TW200)

Others: Any other TW200forum & ADVrider folks that would like to come along...

·
Registered
264 Posts
I will be coming if my parts come in time. I ordered a new chain and sprockets to replace the original stock stuff, my adjusters are at 8, and my sprockets are well worn. I will be there at 8 if everything comes together and the bike gods bless me with parts.

Should be fun!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will be coming if my parts come in time. I ordered a new chain and sprockets to replace the original stock stuff, my adjusters are at 8, and my sprockets are well worn. I will be there at 8 if everything comes together and the bike gods bless me with parts.

Should be fun!

Cool! Hope you get your parts in time.

Let me know and I'll PM you my address.

Good luck!

·
Registered
421 Posts

Should be fun!

Hopefully your parts show up! I just did the o-ring chain a couple of months ago and really like it. My adjusters were out to around 7, my sprockets were in OK shape. I replaced the sprockets as well and now my adjusters are at around 3. It shortened my wheelbase at least an inch!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well I didn't get my parts yet, but should be today. Unfortunately, I won't have time to install them before tomorrow. Fortunately, I say F*%$ it and I'm going anyway. It should be just fine, it's not like it's a grueling ride, it's just a fun run it looks like to me, so I should be OK.

See ya in Salem, at 8!

Could I get the address we're meeting at?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts