TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you have a route that you could share?

I live near Lexington KY. For over 30 years I have been riding on fire roads in and around the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests, near Hiawassee, and Helen GA. There are miles and miles of great service roads that are open to ride. It‘s about and hour and a half south of Deals Gap / Tail of the Dragon.
Here’s a map of the area: http://www.sadlebred.com/maps/mtb/forestserviceroadnorthgeorgiamvum-blue-ridge.pdf

World’s most powerful Dual Sport - Hayabusa

·
Super Moderator
14,888 Posts

Tw was the perfect tool for the job
Hopefully, those who watch the video watch it all the way through. You have some excellent footage. I especially like the singletrack trail. Crossing the highway was an interesting part of the trail. Honorable mention to the river crossing and the high bridge. Was the bridge an old trail trestle or was it always an auto bridge? Either way, it was cool. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: BaisleyDE

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have now watched up to day 5, I am very impressed with you two guys. You have been on some very tight, tough trails. Then the additional weight of your camping gear and supplies adds a lot to the challenge. Great video thanks for posting. Back over 20 years ago we rode a good bit of the Sheltowee Trace Trail several times a week. But never non-stop for several days in a row. Again in am impressed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hopefully, those who watch the video watch it all the way through. You have some excellent footage. I especially like the singletrack trail. Crossing the highway was an interesting part of the trail. Honorable mention to the river crossing and the high bridge. Was the bridge an old trail trestle or was it always an auto bridge? Either way, it was cool. Thanks for sharing!
That trail that crossed the highway is mostly used as a hiking trail I was surprised to learn that motorbikes were allowed on it. That was an old rickety bridge, I don't think it was ever for railroad. I want to do the ride again but next time I will slow down the pace a little bit stretch it out over 7 days. Didn't give us enough time to get off and look around, was pretty much in the saddle for 8 to 9 hours a day.

It's an amazing route I think it's the best multi-day dual sport ride in the East , I'm happy it's right in my backyard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts